free website stats program Rush 2.25 Slip-ons | Harley Davidson Forums

Rush 2.25 Slip-ons

irpete

Quick question. I'm in the process of ordering my new bike. I'm getting a 2008 Heritage Classic and I wanted to upgrade the pipes for sound purposes. I currently have a 2005 Dyna Wide Glide with Screaming Eagle II slip-ons.

I like the sound of these but have been told that the new SE slip-ons are almost the same as the HD stock mufflers. The Parts guy at the stealership recommended the Rush slip ons and suggested that I get the 2.25 baffles for a sound simular to my SE II slip-ons.

I have since read some posts on differant sites where people were claiming that the 2.0" Rush slip ons were too loud. I want a nice rumble but I don't want the sound to be obnoxious. I would welcome opinions/advice.
Thanks

Quick question. I'm in the process of ordering my new bike. I'm getting a 2008 Heritage Classic and I wanted to upgrade the pipes for sound purposes. I currently have a 2005 Dyna Wide Glide with Screaming Eagle II slip-ons.

I like the sound of these but have been told that the new SE slip-ons are almost the same as the HD stock mufflers. The Parts guy at the stealership recommended the Rush slip ons and suggested that I get the 2.25 baffles for a sound simular to my SE II slip-ons.

I have since read some posts on differant sites where people were claiming that the 2.0" Rush slip ons were too loud. I want a nice rumble but I don't want the sound to be obnoxious. I would welcome opinions/advice.
Thanks

You know, if I had to guess, I'd say the Rush's have a better profit margin for the dealership and that might be why they're pushing them. Why not ride it stock for awhile and see if you don't like the way it sounds?

irpete, I am wrestling with the same issue. Here's what I have learned so far. I just bought a new Fat Bob recently and want to increase the exhaust note as well. I am not as interested in increasing a bunch of horsepower I just am interested in the sound. I also had a dealership tell me about the Rush slip ons and they ensured me I would be well satisfied with the sound they will make. As the good doctor mentioned in the previous reply, I was also wondering about advise coming straight from a dealership and their motive, so I have asked numerous aftermarket entities as well Rush themselves. Everyone has told me I would be very happy with the sound increase with the Rush. Regarding baffle size, I did not want to be forced into a re-map of the ECU, and as a result I have ordered the 1.75 baffle. I am told further these will not only sound a lot better, deeper, louder than stock, but they will require no re-mapping. I will be needing the re-map though when I save enough pennies for the SE stage 1 breather. :D I got my slip ons through CycleSpot - Huge Discounts - Harley Davidson Parts Motorcycle Parts and Accessories , cheap by comparsion. $226 plus 9 bucks shipping. Much better than the $299 my HD dealer wants. Hope this helps.

Be careful going over the 2" baffles. The stock head pipe is 1 3/4" and when you go over the size of the pipe with the baffle, you lower the back pressure in the system to a point that performance suffers from lack of it. Most don't realize this because they like the louder sound and it "seems" faster with the noise. Flow and back pressure are very important especially on FI bikes to run properly.

Hey Glider, I'm pretty new in this forum and I see that you pop up quite a bit with a lot of good info. Would you agree with the things I have been told regarding my bike ??

If you could be a bit more specific, I could give you a better answer.

As far as the rush mufflers, the answer to that is above. Other than that the new bikes run lean and anything you do as far as exhaust or intake make them even more lean. I like to add some fuel to cool things down and make them run better. I choose the TFI as the source of the fuel because for most, it is easier than working with a computer and remapping the ECM. I run one on mine and it works well. Not the best choice if you are doing cams and head work.

Motorcycle Fuel Injection Kits and Electronic Fuel Injection Systems - EFI

Sorry, I posted earlier in this thread about my Fat Bob and what I have been told regarding slip ons, re-mapping, A/C, etc.....

I put the rush slipons an a true dual system on my 08 FLHT geezer glide. I love the sound and proformance. One problem I have heard about them and experienced to a lesser degree is the grumble and pop back when coasting with the throttle off from 2k down. mine rumbles a little but not enough to bother me. evidently from the techs i talked to it's a lean condition that can be solved with a unit like a PC 111 or anything comparable.

Just and fyi

Thanks
2007 Heritage stage 1 SE air with K&N, SErace tuner, Rush 2" baffles, dynoed
I did have poping on decell, but found out it was due to improper sealing on install job, muffler to header pipe air leaks. After dealer redid mufflers, new clamps and another dyno It pops only once every now and then 98% gone
I wanted good rumble and deep sound, the 2" baffle will diffently do it..
They do get louder with age, mine with 9400miles is deeper and louder than they were new.
Not quite as loud as my sons V&H BIG R 2-2,but he also has cams. Althrough they are a lot deeper than his.... I have rode with others with older se 11's and the Rush 2" is at worst really close...at best a little louder
They will set off parked car alarms...if i get on it while passing .

Last edited:
Back