free website stats program Run-turn-brake | Page 3 | Harley Davidson Forums

Run-turn-brake

I added the HD run/turn/brake module to my wifes 09 1200 custom. The lights are VERY bright in running light mode but don't brighten much more when the brake is applied. Is this typical or is there a problem with too much power going to them when in runnning light mode.

You can see these lights for miles...

You are correct, they do not brighten much more when the brakes are applied. I installed the same setup a year ago and was not impressed at all. I expected more for my $60.00 donation to the dealer.

I mentioned this to the parts guy a week or so later and he said "Ya, so? What do you want?"
I have heard this sentiment all too often the last couple of years and truthfully I have had all the verbal abuse I am going to take from local dealer. I have always tried to support the local businesses whenever possible but I have given up in this case. Now, if I absolutely have to have something I use the on-line dealers and pocket the extra money I save.

You'll find that you are not alone with your thinking about the rude way we as customers are treated at a lot of the dealers. They need us, we don't need them.:s

You'll find that you are not alone with your thinking about the rude way we as customers are treated at a lot of the dealers. They need us, we don't need them.:s

X2, That's what I can't understand, especially in this economy, how can they afford to take that kind of attitude and think this is good for business.

Guess I'm fortunate. There are 4 HD dealers within 1.5 hour ride from me, and I have been happy with all of them. I am surprised at the service quote differences though... ie. getting my HD security system installed and programmed for example (I supplied the parts). Dealer 1 quoted $125, dealer 2 quoted $75, dealer 3 was $75 and dealer 4 was $55. Dealer 4 called me back a week later to make sure everything was OK and to thank me for the business. If you have a rude dealer, I suggest you look elsewhere cause there are good ones out there that are happy to do business with you.

Guess I'm fortunate. There are 4 HD dealers within 1.5 hour ride from me, and I have been happy with all of them.
==========================================================
You are fortunate to have alternatives. Many of us have long distances between dealers, or all of the area dealers are owned by the same Co. Lucky for me about the only reason I go in my local is for oil filters and primary oil. :bigsmiley24:

Back