free website stats program Rubber Headlight Bushings | Harley Davidson Forums

Rubber Headlight Bushings

NYHarley

Ok, so I just had to Powdercoat my headlight bucket on the FXSTB, and when taking it apart the rubber bushings inside the bucket gave me a little trouble to get off. These are the three acorn nuts on the outside of the bucket that are bolted to a bracket inside the housing w/ rubber bushing in between. Anyway.... The rubber fell apart when trying to remove them, and I had to apply a little heat to the acorn nuts for them to come off. Only thing is the rubber bushing are all in bad shape now. Checked the Harley diagram of the bucket, no part listed for the bushing. Anyone have an idea for a fix? I found some replacement gas tank bushing that would work, 3 for $3.99, with $17 shipping :laugh, don't think I will go that route..... Any ideas?

Ok, so I just had to Powdercoat my headlight bucket on the FXSTB, and when taking it apart the rubber bushings inside the bucket gave me a little trouble to get off. These are the three acorn nuts on the outside of the bucket that are bolted to a bracket inside the housing w/ rubber bushing in between. Anyway.... The rubber fell apart when trying to remove them, and I had to apply a little heat to the acorn nuts for them to come off. Only thing is the rubber bushing are all in bad shape now. Checked the Harley diagram of the bucket, no part listed for the bushing. Anyone have an idea for a fix? I found some replacement gas tank bushing that would work, 3 for $3.99, with $17 shipping :laugh, don't think I will go that route..... Any ideas?

Check Lowes or Home Depot in the hardware section:s

69123-92A Mount, horn rubber. Less than $5.
Not sure it will fit, it sure is worth a try.
Otherwise a complete shell $$$$

Al

:USA
:CONNECTICUT

Back