free website stats program Rpm or idle running high | Page 2 | Harley Davidson Forums

Rpm or idle running high

I forgot to reply back to what worked for me. In my checking of the throttle cables, I opened up the switch housing and used cable lube spray into the throttle cables. I figured it's a simple thing and worth a shot. Put the housing back on and been riding and believe it or not, it seems to have solved my issue. Somehow my throttle was sticking a bit and a little spray seems to have solved the issue. After all my full throttle type rides, no high idle getting off the FWYs! It's just settles back down when I stop on the off ramps. I was pleased and thought I should mention, the simple recheck and maintainence seems to have solved my problem. I was very happy itwasnt a bigger issue, that I couldn't afford to have repaired.hehe
WAP.gif

Thanks for reporting back. It will help someone else one day when they do a search. So often advice is given and we never hear about the fix.

Thank you,

Bodeen

i have a problem, maybe someone can help, i have a 2012 dyna super glide custom, and the iac or something started acting weird, evrytime i pulled in the clutch the bike would die, so i changed the iac, and now when i crank up the idle is at 3000rpms, and when im riding every single time i pull in the clutch no matter the gear or how fast im going the idle shoots up and stays???? i have no
clue whats wrong, can i adjust the idle myself???? please help i just want to ride again.

i have a problem, maybe someone can help, i have a 2012 dyna super glide custom, and the iac or something started acting weird, evrytime i pulled in the clutch the bike would die, so i changed the iac, and now when i crank up the idle is at 3000rpms, and when im riding every single time i pull in the clutch no matter the gear or how fast im going the idle shoots up and stays???? i have no
clue whats wrong, can i adjust the idle myself???? please help i just want to ride again.

HD12FXD014.gif

#10 is your throttle position er, It may have a set screw
Have you checked for vacum leaks?

If this is a throttle by wire than have the run switch off, turn on key / main swich, turn run switch on, than the key / main on, off,3 times, run switch off, key / main switch off. Than start bike as normally done. This should relearn throttle / idle position
WAP.gif

Back