free website stats program Rogue Chopper Scavenger user opinions | Harley Davidson Forums

Rogue Chopper Scavenger user opinions

Brad

The idea is a good one IMO and I have done much the same with my softail with the external oil lines as posted here in the tech section. Many think it's overkill but I don't. There is about 23 ounces of used oil in the oil galleries that mixes with the new oil which in itself doesn't cause any damage but I prefer to remove it completely even at the cost of an extra quart of oil.

Complete Oil Change (softail) - Harley Davidson Community

The only problem as I see it is the price of this unit. It's gone up from $79 to the $149 it is now.

WOW,:52: something else I just learned!:shock

Didn't know that much dirty oil remained on the internals:panic , that's alot.

Man!:11: something else I have to get......................:bigsmiley15:

Glider,Speed or any other of the big Honchos, we should have some kind of Group Buys program! just an idea........

Andres

Not a bad idea at all, but from what I have seen in the past elsewhere, there's problems with people ordering and changing their mind which creates other problems then.

There is about 23 ounces of used oil in the oil galleries that mixes with the new oil which in itself doesn't cause any damage but I prefer to remove it completely even at the cost of an extra quart of oil.

Glider, that is precisely why I started thinking about putting this on from the get go. I am like you I would prefer to get as much of the old oil as I can out of there. Just peace of mind I guess. I had no idea there was that much of a price change, it is a bit pricey for a connector and a few pieces of hose and an aluminum "hockey puck".

Brad

Hello bgrant64:D

Yeap it is pricey, it be cool if someone could hook us up with a discount:52:

I just learned about this horror of mixing my new oil with fungus amongus contaminated oils!:nosad
I wont be able to sleep now!:22: good thing I got some Ambiens left.:24:

Thanks for the information.:bigsmiley12:

Back