free website stats program Rocker FXCW Or Rocker FXCWC | Page 3 | Harley Davidson Forums

Rocker FXCW Or Rocker FXCWC

Now that set up is how the bike should have left the factory. Great looking ride. I will have to admit, to some degree, Chris is right, the bike is sort of 'impractical'....I have a deuce, I know all about impractical, but I love my bike, so therefore, I will continue to compromise some practicality for my 'style' points for lack of a better term at the time.

I like the looks of your rocker tremendously, now if it was painted up like a creamscicle, then I'd really like it. :p

Thanks for the nice complaments everyone.

But chrishdguy, I don't know where you got your price of the Heartland kit but I paid $1700.00 for mine...
Most people I know own bikes for fun and pleasure. I think I can, and will have alot of fun with my Rocker.

Now that set up is how the bike should have left the factory. Great looking ride. I will have to admit, to some degree, Chris is right, the bike is sort of 'impractical'....I have a deuce, I know all about impractical, but I love my bike, so therefore, I will continue to compromise some practicality for my 'style' points for lack of a better term at the time.

I like the looks of your rocker tremendously, now if it was painted up like a creamscicle, then I'd really like it. :p

HotRock54 your ride is awesome...:D I agree with Joy it is a well equipped semi-custom in it's own right, but should have had those mods available from the factory.

Harley means many things to as many different riders and styles...It means riding with a passion for the machine as well as the riding experience...the Rocker adds a bit of the "custom" world to the MOCO floor available by raising the bar as to what is or should be standard. I also believe that certain functional performance items should be improved (hate the idea of plastic fuel lines for instance, but that is just me).

The UJM (Universal Japanese Machine) "cruiser" lines philosophy in the 70's were same way...offer the customer a custom with all the options as "STANDARD" without all the trial and error drama that comes with a "Custom" and keep those mods affordable. Fairings were added and the "Cafe" special (as well as the buding Aftermarket industry was born...More performance modes AND full bodywork and the Sportbike (and performance shops was born)...evolution packed affordable features that are available for the "everyman (women)" powered the entire motorcyle industry.

I think it is was this successful marketing scheme then and more so now, follows a trend that has been going on for a long time. Consumers watch the price for what they get and expect plenty of features and do not want to throw a Ton of money to personalize a rather unique machine to start, so it better be "right" before they throw money on the table. JMO

Back