Roadside, what do I need?

Discussion in 'General Harley Davidson Topic' started by walleye, Apr 20, 2009.

  1. walleye

    walleye Junior Member Contributor

    Can someone enlighten me on the roadside assistance that comes with the HD warranty? HOG? My question is, do I need another such as AAA in addition, or is HOG sufficient. Also, once the regular warranty expires, I understand the HOG is void, even though you may have an extended warranty program. If this is the case, what is the very best? I keep hearing AAA recreational is highly recommended. Steve07 has it so it has to be good! LOL!. Just trying to be clear so I can make the right decision prior to our annual road trip. I have an 09 so I presume there is a two year, but is it sufficient on its own? I am a HOG memeber by the way. Can anyone clear the water? :D
  2. glider

    glider Veteran Member

    This will give you some information on the HOG roadside assistance and what is in it.

    HOG | Road America
  3. krikket

    krikket Active Member

    I've had 2 bad experiences with AAA towing, so I won't use them anymore. 1st time waited 2 1/2 hours for a tow. 2nd time waited almost 4 hours for a tow. Maybe the service is better when you get away from a major metropolitan area. You may want to check with your insurance company for a towing package.

    NEWHD74FAN Experienced Member Retired Moderators

    I recently had to have AAA towing pick up my bike in King City, 100 deg weather, they were there inside of 1 hour...BUT come to find out you MUST have the motorcycle listed as SPECIFICALLY covered for Roadside Assistance or they will not pay (fortunately I was covered under State Farm Insurance), so read carefully any insurance documents to be sure.
  5. STEVE07

    STEVE07 Well-Known Member Staff Member Super Moderators

    The CAA/AAA R.V. plus coverage covers all recreational vehicles,which is the category a motorcycle falls into,and they have overnight expense coverage