free website stats program Roadside Assistance Group (RAG) | Harley Davidson Forums

Roadside Assistance Group (RAG)

Gas Gauge

Google Docs

If you click on this link it opens a separate window to "Google docs" and lists the file "HDTimeline-Roadside Assistance Group.xls". You have the option to "Download", you then get the typical Windows "File Download" box where you can "Open" or "Save". You have to have Excel to be able to open it. If this becomes a problem I will also create a Word version.

O.K. folks, I might have this figured out(?). We started with the tread Stranded Biker Buster - Harley Davidson Community I agreed to create a spreadsheet so we would have a format that we could access to see what help is out there for the traveling or stranded biker.

I have included all of the members who responded to the original string. There are many states and regions that aren't covered yet, but I hope that changes as more of our brothers and sisters here sign-up to lend a hand. I have also included many features, so check out the different tabs and let me know what you think.

I would appreciate any comments, changes, or advice y'all may have, or if I made any errors with the members who are listed. Any feedback is appreciated and will make it better. Also let me know if you want to be included on the list. I will update as often as necessary and post a new link.

Thanks!
Gas Gauge

Attachments

• HDTimeline-Roadside Assistance Group.xls
    126.5 KB · Views: 92
All I get is "No preview available."

Correct there is no preview available (i'm trying to find out how to enable that feature), however, you should be able to click on "Download" and get the next dialouge box that allows you to "Open" or "Save". This will allow you to view the document.

Thank you for trying and for your feedback, let me know if it works. (fingers crossed)

Gotcha, thanks. I saw that but didn't figure it should work like that.

exactly, that is what I thought when I first tested it, definately not intuitive. But....it's a great tool for sharing documents, we have photobucket for our photos and now Google docs for our document.

Have you tried uploading it to Photobucket and post the link here that would show the document instead of a link?

You have to risk the download. Good virus software and you have no risk. I trust Gas Gauge and my software. :s

yea, this has been washed through the best virus protection software at my office. But the site itself also has us covered, if you get the message, (not certain exactly what it said) "Not Checked for Virus" and are wary, just cancel and try again.

Google docs is washing it through their own virus protection software, but I noticed the action is somwhat erratic. This happend to me once (out of 6 tries), when I cancelled and tried again it worked fine. I understand how you can never be too careful, especially with things from the web.

Thanks Tank!

Have you tried uploading it to Photobucket and post the link here that would show the document instead of a link?

Man Glider, that is a great point, and I thought I had seen a document on this site before where that was done. I tried to use Photobucket, but couldn't find a place to upload documents. That would actually be my first choice....

....If anyone can tell me how to do this I'll definately give it a try and post a new link!

I guess I could also do what another member suggested and scan the document as a jpg, I just thought it would be such an advantage to have this as a spreadsheet (maybe I just use them too much myself)

On the PB site, you search your computer to where you have the document stored and from there you should be able to upload it. Not absolutely sure it will upload a spread sheet but give it a try.

Back