free website stats program Road King Indicator Lights Change to Screaming Eagle | Harley Davidson Forums

Road King Indicator Lights Change to Screaming Eagle

zursi

Looking to see if anyone has done this. I find it a pain to look down at the indicator lights as it is not in my field of vision. I noticed the 08 Screaming Eagle as the indicator lights on the handlebar cover. Was wondering if it would fit on a 09 Road King.

Anyone done this?

I attached a pic of the SE display.

Attachments

• 0808_hrbp_08_z+2008_harley_davidson_flhrse_screamin_eagle_road_king+indicators.jpg
    0808_hrbp_08_z+2008_harley_davidson_flhrse_screamin_eagle_road_king+indicators.jpg
    56.3 KB · Views: 43
It should but what about all the wiring im guessing there is a harness change between the 2

Don't know if it would work, or what would need to be done, but I too would like that on mine. I will watch this post to see what comes of it.

Shouldn't be much more than changing the cover and rewiring the lights from the console to the top cover. Some of the wires needed are already in the nacelle.

I would like to try this mod too, I also can’t stand looking down at my crotch just to see if the turn signal is on. My RK Police has the tach mounted there so the SE kit won't work for me.

Here is what I want to attempt:

My old Sportster had the speedo mounted high on the triple trees, and the housing and two-bolt pattern appear to be identical. I assume they will interchange. Please reference the attached pic for details.

If you use the Sportster speedo housing, then in theory you could also add a tach to your civilian RK. I greatly prefer the tach way up high, the low RK speedo is also a pain. I typically use the tach to gauge my speed instead if the speedo.

speedo.jpg

Back