free website stats program Road King handlebars | Harley Davidson Forums

Road King handlebars

mwsdugan

2000 Road King Classic.I was hoping somebody could tell me how high of a mini ape handlebar i can put on this bike,with out getting into cable & line changes.

I would like to use a 10" ape if possable.Thnx,Mark.

I have a 2007 RK Classic and put 10" mini apes with 6" over cables, had more than enough especially the clutch. Just recently switched out to 14" apes and was able to use the same cables. You may be able to get away with 4" over if you plan on keeping the 10" apes on for awhile.

I don't know "mini apes". I replaced the stock 2008 RKC handle bar with the "Heritage" handle bar, about a 2 to 3 inch change. The clutch cable, switch wiring, hydraulic line and TBW harness were well able to accommodate the change. Then, not leaning as far forward any more transferred more weight to the seat. Replaced the stock seat with a Ranger seat both for me and the wife. Much better now.

Hmm, wife says "Ranger" doesn't sound correct to her, will add another post if the next name sounds more correct.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Ooops, too late to edit now, might be "Sundowner", may stumble across the receipt one of these days.

Last edited by a moderator:
its more the wires than anything, and the clutch cable and the two throttle cables and the labor, and the pulling the exhaust.....i have 13" on my flht and it wound up costing me $1200

mwsdugan?
what did you end up doing?
I like the Wild 1 Chubby's (WO515) are 10" hangers and I have heard that you dont need to change cables...There is a picture of a RK on their website and it looks like it still has the stock cables...

Back