free website stats program Road King grips change work time | Page 2 | Harley Davidson Forums

Road King grips change work time

MOCO by me was going to charge 1/2 hour to install new grips on 2008 Road King (TBW ). Ended up doing it myself with service manual and it was very easy. Just take your time and save some money doing it yourself.

Breeze; the TBW "rotator" is at the tip of the Right bar (grey/sticks-out). It's a gear & mates w/gears on inside of Right grip. Unless you break it during install - there's no need to change because it's permanent.

Thanks. I pulled up the parts diag. and it explains it. Another question; I've heard the TBW bikes don't have the throttle friction screw. The parts diag. shows the parts, (#8) but the part #'s are not listed. Do TBW bikes have the friction lock assy. or not?
Ronnie's Harley-Davidson's 2009 Harley Davidson Street Bike FLHTCU ULTRA CLASSIC® ELECTRA GLIDE® (FC) Parts List

Thanks. I pulled up the parts diag. and it explains it. Another question; I've heard the TBW bikes don't have the throttle friction screw. The parts diag. shows the parts, (#8) but the part #'s are not listed. Do TBW bikes have the friction lock assy. or not?
Ronnie's Harley-Davidson's 2009 Harley Davidson Street Bike FLHTCU ULTRA CLASSIC® ELECTRA GLIDE® (FC) Parts List

NO friction locks on my 09 FLHR.

TBW and a Very Nice Cruise control... Never thought I would Ever want or Use a cruise on a bike BUT it has proven to be Safe and Very Useful.:D

09 bikes came out with Cruise as a Bought Option. 2010's came out stock on-board

signed....BUBBIE

The TBW is inside the handlebar and is not touched. If your dealer has charged you 2 hrs to change your grips then he has overcharged you.

You are corrected! I knew it. Now, I am learning how to do it myself. Love doing that!

Back