free website stats program Road Etiquette | Page 5 | Harley Davidson Forums

Road Etiquette

The older I get, I'm finding humans are harder to like. Put them in any mode of transportation, and they get some macho crazy notion they must make an extension of their small member by using the mode of transportation aggresively. When they find they have over extended their thought process of safety, there will be one less to deal with, but they sometimes take innocent people with them. And, we just keep producing them. :newsmile100:

Thorns

I am courteous to all other bikers and give them the wave or nod. But I don’t usually engage beyond that unless I get some sort of acknowledgment. Too easy to get into trouble with folks you know nothing about, beyond they are bikers.

Exact opposite experience yesterday out riding and from the sideroads other bikes coming on the main rd. just fell in line single file and staggered.I find there are more safe riders then obnoxious ones.Everybody is just too busy grumping about the bad ones to give tribute to the good ones. JMO

+1 Steve.

Good Friday was a good day for a ride and run into other riders. My previous post was a bi-polar momment. OR maybe this post is a bipolar momment. I'm not sure?!

Im generally the 2 finger down waver too...but my fiance finds it halarious to wave the "shocker" at all the other bikes....never had a bad moment with it, and hopefully that trend continues.

Well I had a Harley bagger rider and his pillion wave the V as he blasted pass me on the right side while I was occupying the center right lane...he did so, albeit apologetically acknowledging the fact he came within 6" of me...certainly not the kind of welcome wave I would have given him, but I was too busy holding the bike steady and nodding my head in disbelief, what if I was going to take that right exit coming up...:newsmile055:

had a guy on a Honda wearing shorts, tank top tennis shoes and helmet wave today, thought it strange to protect the noggin abd not the rest of the vitals Lol, so I waved bacn

Me being a FNG (Fine New Guy) to the road bike scene I had to Google the hand gestures. I tried various terms.

FUNNY which forum you hit for meanings. Some of them so funny I almost wet myself. One of the best was "Harleyier than you"...

I saw lots of bikes out Friday lots of salutes. WHAT DO I DO if I ride to Lake George or Daytona or Sturgis I think I need to go to a manikin store get a hand with correct "V" and duct tape it on the left side. (a little humor i hope)

Back