free website stats program RK Batwing | Harley Davidson Forums

RK Batwing

glider.

BOT Machine
"Bud White" installed a Memphis Shades batwing and installed it on his 08 RKC.

Well i bought one and installed it tonight had to wait 1 week to get it but install was pretty easy .. not quite done yet need bolts for windshield i emailed where i ordered it from Zanotti and am waiting to hear back .

But mean while i will get some stainless or chrome bolts...

Batwing1.jpg

Here she is stock...

Start by removing windshield...

Batwing2.jpg

here is the mount kit...

Batwing3.jpg

and the neat fender cover i bought for service...

Batwing4.jpg

Batwing5.jpg

Install the mount onto the fairing...

Batwing6.jpg

Remove light bar and turn signals...

Batwing7.jpg

install spacers from hit ...
Here's only real beef the spacers are nylon and the locks are to.
Of course i don't plan on removing it often the harley ones felt like plastic also.

Batwing8.jpg

Here is Fairing - Windshield

Batwing9.jpg

Batwing10.jpg

Batwing11.jpg

After a pledging...

Batwing12.jpg

Also my bars are higher than stock so they are higher than what would be normal and stick out from behind fairing. Now I am also thinking about stretching the holes maybe and lifting it little higher but ill wait to ride.

Also my radio will not fit in stock spot but i got a plan and i think it will work pics later if it does.

Ok here we go some more fab work to mount radio

now knowing i would need to cut the brackets so i stopped to pick up a cutting disc arbor my die grinder witht he cutter is out on loan and to hard to get fast.. So Find the arbor 10$ i think not .. off to harbor freight during the work day and Bam a cutter only die grinder with shield 7.99 with disc all ready on it ..

100_0397-1.jpg

Best part as im paying they ask me do you want a warrenty for 2 years for 15$ um no ill pass .:bigsmiley20:

Measure out bracket and mark with the sharpie

100_0398-1.jpg

Leaves some nasty edges

100_0403-1.jpg

Deburr the sides edges and holes

100_0411-1.jpg

Scuff with some Sand paper

Shoot and wait a day to dry

100_0413-1.jpg

Install for test fit and to mark where new holes will go in box

100_0416-1.jpg

100_0418-1.jpg

100_0419-1.jpg

Cover the old holes for now silicone once mounted

100_0420.jpg

100_0422-1.jpg

100_0424-1.jpg

as you can tell by fresh fly gear it was real warm finishing it
not a bad pic for putting on toolbox and running and hopping on it for the selftimer

100_0428-1.jpg

I have one from Hoppe Industries ...On and off in 5 minutes...Got it coz we do very long trips...and love listening to Music...Have a 04 Road King with over 50,000 miles on here...Lov it....1,500 bucks was the downer...but would do it again...

P1020054.JPG

with_stock_windshield_and_wo_tour_pak.JPG
]

then light up the windscreen..lol

P1020090.JPG

I have a 1976 stock HD fairing on a RK head light, bolts right on. I think the older bat wings without the inner fairing will bolt up to a RK no prob. Find them at a swap meet cheap, save some $ and have real HD bat wing fairing.

Oh ya very adjustable, I think they will fit softails as well.

Back