free website stats program Rinehart baffles | Harley Davidson Forums

Rinehart baffles

Tigg

My 07 RKC has rinehart true duals S/E AC a PCIII with the closed loop adapters on the 02 sensors and has been dyno tuned by a Power commander authorized dealer (though I think it runs rich due to the ammount of carbon build up on the pipes)The question I have is this .I pulled the baffles out of the mufflers and was wondering how much affect it would have on the power from bottom end to top end . I like the way it sounds better without the baffles and I will be able to hear my bike now with the crowd I ride with (they are all loud).

Thanks Jack

Jack

Running without baffles is for drag strips in that it gives you better top end but the bottom end will usually suffer for it. If you pulled them after the tune, you threw off all the settings that were done when it was tuned with the baffles in.
It may have a better sound to you but your motor isn't as happy as it could be and I'll bet your mixture is off considerable too.
Without the baffles, you loose bottom end torque which the back pressure of the baffles will restore.

The carbon is pretty much normal in these bikes and tuners will usually tune on the richer side of the spectrum rather than the lean where it makes best power.

I'm sure Doc and Fisher will jump in here on this one too.

Thanks Bro..I think I am going to put them back in. I just took it for a ride and didn't care for the sound too much ( not tight enough if that makes sense). I have the dyno report for the bike and it was tuned dead on (with the baffles in). It seems a shame to mess that up just to make it louder.This bike has more snot that any of my buddies bikes (that includes my buddies 05 RKC with Stage 2 and the same pipes) and it will kick the crap out of my Night Train. Thanks again for the input Bro......dang... I love this bike :D

Jack(Tigg)

Back