free website stats program Rider backrest/09 RG? | Page 2 | Harley Davidson Forums

Rider backrest/09 RG?

I have never had a backrest,but we do take a lot of long trips.The more I read these posts the more I want one. My question? Please take me seriously.Doesn't it take a little away from your ride with your lady? Yes I'm being serious I think it would take away from that closeness.Almost like riding in a cage, but with two wheels!

I have never had a backrest,but we do take a lot of long trips.The more I read these posts the more I want one. My question? Please take me seriously.Doesn't it take a little away from your ride with your lady? Yes I'm being serious I think it would take away from that closeness.Almost like riding in a cage, but with two wheels!
Steve07,
Yes the closeness is not there, but the key is "detachable". Keeping the boss happy is always a major factor riding two-up. The backrest is small and you can always put it in the tour pack or saddle bag, or leave it on. The choice is up to the "BOSS".

On a local ride two up I remove it, Solo I use it. Long trips definitely use it. I drilled two holes under the stock holes so the pad is up higher. Stock, the pad would dig into the wifes legs. It made a big difference for her comfort.

backpad.jpg

Back