free website stats program Reverse bleed system | Harley Davidson Forums

Reverse bleed system

Matuch

Anyone ever use the Phoenix v5 or any other device to reverse bleed brake/clutch on Non -ABS system.I usually use the handle or pedal pump method but it usually doesn't end well between my wife and me

Most bike guys I know use Speed Bleeders, Mityvac or something similar to pull vacuum on the line from the M/C to the caliper. I don't see any reason not to use the Phoenix system but the Mitivac is a more versatile tool that can do more that bleed brakes.

I saw this video on "Fix my hog" and got curious if anyone has used it.
Reverse bleed motorcycle...

The manual gives a sequence to bleed the system by vacuum and gives amount of fluid to draw out. I'll go with that. The clutch will leave to dealership @ inspection (yearly in Pa), manual wants measurement of clutch push rod movement. I'm still under warranty and brakes i can do hydraulic clutch is a new animal. Man I miss cables!

Last edited by a moderator:
I use a Pittsburg, similar to a mityvac, one person operation and woks quite well, pull fluid from the reservoir thru the caliper until no bubbles and the fluid runs clear.
You and your wife will not have any bad words:)

I use a large syringe to reverse bleed the front brake on my softail custom the angle of the handlebar makes it difficult to bleed normally i do have a mityvac but prefer to do brake bleeding the old way

Brian

Back