free website stats program Retire the bell or keep for luck ? | Page 4 | Harley Davidson Forums

Retire the bell or keep for luck ?

Transferred mine between 3 bikes.....didn't retire it until I laid the scoot down trying to avoid my wifes accident in front of me on her "UN-Belled" bike. My wife bought me a new one the day we picked up the glide from the dealer after repairs, put the old one in the garage.

The myth behind the bell is a long one some choose not to believe some do ,mine was a gift I will retire it when I buy a new bike and will accept a new bell as a gift JMO

If it brings good luck or not. My wife thought enough to take the time to go pick one out and present it to me. It is not if it brings luck or not it is the thought that counts.

Whatever the case, Mine was given to me by my good friends 15 Y.O. son. Thought of, bought, and picked out by him. I put it on my bike while he watched me do it. I thought it was a very cool thing by a young man his age!

bodeen

16 years I rode my Ultra with no problems, 5 days after my friend gave me a bell the bike was totaled.
Craig

Back