free website stats program Restoration Project | Harley Davidson Forums

Restoration Project

ffharleyguy

Well restoration with maybe a touch of customization is what I am thinking for my 1970 Electra Glide. The bike has been in my family since I was 5 and finally my dad wants to pass it along. Problem is that it has been sitting for some years, backed over at Sturgis, and down right rough. I have no visions of returning her to the wonderful green like the day he brought it home, but do envision restoration with custom paint and a few new mods. My question is where to begin other than a google search. I called a few buddies and the same story of so and so called it quits years ago or they packed up shop a while back. I would like to stay local here in Virginia and want the bike done right. Any advise where to start / look possibly in Central Virginia would be greatly appreciated. Thanks

Heard good things about these guy's in Richmond. Some one from the shop was part of "biker build off" type show on tv when that was in-vogue. I've not dealt with them personally.

Departure Bike Works

Not a real fan of Departure. Had some work on a 1200 years back that wasn't all that great. Did enjoy seeing them on build off and the painter for that bike is a buddy's dad from my hometown. My goal is to have them paint my bike after restoration.

Back