free website stats program Replacing "stock" pipes with other stock pipes. | Page 2 | Harley Davidson Forums

Replacing "stock" pipes with other stock pipes.

They are the same slash up as the 07 on my bike and they aren't CATALYST.

I would look for the later models without the cats. Should be all over ebay. I just sold a set of those for $50 about 3 weeks ago (brand new).

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/_Motorcycle-Parts-Accessories__Harley-Touring-Road-King-Exhaust-Muffler-Pipe-07-NR_W0QQitemZ230279153541QQadnZMotorcycleQ20PartsQ20Q26Q20AccessoriesQQadiZ2863QQcmdZViewItem?hash=item230279153541&_trkparms=39%3A1|65%3A1|240%3A1318&_trksid=p4506.c0.m245&timeout=1218678071442

The difference in the 07 mufflers is that they are chambered differently than the earlier ones and have a better sound. (deeper)
So do you think This Would be a good set? I want to sound a little bit more aggressive, but not quite as obnoxious as my son's dyna.

Stock mufflers (slip ons) are OK to swap on stock headpipes, If you have true dual pipes (seperate pipes for each cylinder with no "Y" pipe) , they will not work.
They are the stock head pipes. So what you are saying is that the newer pipes have a deeper tone. Are they louder? I wouldn't mind a little bit louder.I know that "loud" is a very subjective word, but I dont want to be quieter.

The 07 and later touring mufflers were redesigned and have a better tone quality which is deeper but not necessarily a lot louder. They are definitely just a bit louder than previous year stock slip ons but do not approach the sound level of aftermarket pipes by any means. I happen to like the sound over older mufflers.
If you check ebay, there's a lot of the 07 and later mufflers available at a good price from touring bikes.
The basic difference between the touring mufflers is that the FLHX (street glide) set is slash cut in the opposite direction than the Road King and there are other slip ons that have the straight cut ends on other models if you look around. It depends on your preference.

Back