free website stats program Replacing Brakes | Harley Davidson Forums

Replacing Brakes

Just one note, in the pictures you will notice how "clean" the used parts are. This is because the tech used Brakleen and over rags to get as much of the road grime off to avoid contaminating the new parts. When replacing the pads, make sure exterior of the the calipers and exposed pistons (use a clean shoe lace) of any road grime before you start pushing them into the bores when making room for the new pads. Also use the 400 Grit sandpaper to lightly burnish the new pad surfaces and rotors, flush and wipe down all used part contact surfaces prior to assembly.

Did my brake pads today both front and rear 07 Deluxe went real well great tips easy to follow as allways. No problems just followed the step by step.

I have tried this in the past but I have floating rotors and there's not enough room to install the new pads.

The best tip I got from this is get a 1/4" 12 point thinwall socket. I di the back brakes without this and they were a pain. I just replace the front with this 1/4" 12 point socket and it was quick and easy!

i have a question. As soon as i took my calipers off from the rotors, brake fluid started leaking out. This is on a 06 sg with 30000 miles. It was the first time changing the pads. Any help on this?

i have a question. As soon as i took my calipers off from the rotors, brake fluid started leaking out. This is on a 06 sg with 30000 miles. It was the first time changing the pads. Any help on this?

How did you remove the calipers? Yo did not split the calipers in half by mistake did you? There are sealing o rings there that will need to be replaced and bleed the system

Back