free website stats program Reinhardt Slip-On vs. V&H Monster Oval | Page 3 | Harley Davidson Forums

Reinhardt Slip-On vs. V&H Monster Oval

I just ordered some Rineharts for my 09 Street Glide (still snowed in up here in Maine). I have done a lot of internet searching from reading opinions to watching numerous video's on youtube. I am going from a Nightster that I had V&H shortshots on (which is very loud) and I like that bark when I crank on the throttle. From what I heard the Rineharts and the V&H seem to sound similar at idle but Rineharts have more of a bark when you get on it but the V&H don't as much. To me the Rineharts have the best of both worlds.
A poster earlier said he really didn't like the Rineharts after one day of use but wasn't that an unfair test. He changed pipes, air cleaner, and MAP when he took the Rineharts off and noticed such an improvement................

I have had the Monster Ovals on my '08 with stock headers for about 400 miles and am very happy. I would say that they are louder than the video made from the cockpit shows, but still a nice sound. I like them much better then the V&H Ovals I had on my '04 Road King.

I installed a set of rush slip ons the sound is nice on an 08 classic and the baffles are interchangable from 1 3/4 to 2 1/2 for different sounds

Still not sure ..........Reinhardt Slip-On or V&H Monster Oval. Anyone notice any bluing or black tip discoloration on either set.
Thanks

I installed a set of rush slip ons the sound is nice on an 08 classic and the baffles are interchangable from 1 3/4 to 2 1/2 for different sounds

Toejam,,,I am looking at installing the rush slip-ons with a 2" baffle.Did you do a fuel management, go full stage 1?Any problems with the pipes coloring?

Biglew...did you have to tune the bike after your Rinehart's? I just ordered mine & can't wait for them to arrive so I can break-in before winter sets in. My 09 SG is still pretty much "stock" & the RH's were on clearance so it was the right time to buy, but heard/read "mixed" responses on the tuning.

Back