free website stats program Redundant Exhaust Thread? | Harley Davidson Forums

Redundant Exhaust Thread?

dodomrkc

Hello gang, have 2004 FLHRSI w/ Stage 1, remap and Vance and Hines slip ons. I am seriously considering going to a true dual set up and retaining my current muffs. If I change to true duals, would the consensus be that I would need to get the efi re-mapped? Plan on using the same diameter at the head and through the body that I have currently, which I am thinking would not have to change. Or are true duals a larger diameter? Let the pros who know call in on this one.
:cheers

You would be changing the exhaust flow by splitting the cylinders so you would need some sort of fuel remapping.

Yes a remap would be in order. By adding the true dual, you will change the backpressure and need to add more fuel, due to more air flowing through the engine. Instead of a remap, like the SERT, I would think about getting the Thundermax auto tune. Its about $900, but you would never need another map or dyno time. I think the SERT with dyno time would be pretty close to the same amount of money.

I'm not a pro, but i just installed the V&H Dresser Duals and FuelPak on my 06 rk. Fit perfect with my V&H slip-on.They look really nice, and I installed them myself,it took me a couple of hours (quality time with my bike).
Only thing, I didn't get a chance to road test yet

Last edited:
Back