free website stats program Redline Heavy | Page 3 | Harley Davidson Forums

Redline Heavy

Fine..just that noise. Sounds like a throw out baring in the clutch but not sure.. im new to the road king

Ya.runs fine.shifts fine.but when I pull clutch to shift gears it clicks repeatedly tell I let the clutch out.

Last edited by a moderator:
No "throughout bearing" per se on your Harley. More than likely it is the primary chain clicking against something when there is no load on the chain and it is just turning with the engine. What year and model is the bike? If it is the '07 RK from your profile, I think you have an auto-adjust primary chain tensioner system.

Has the primary been apart with any new stuff added that might have misaligned the chain? If not, then it may be the chain moving over the tensioner shoe especially if the tensioner is not snugging up the chain. Check this out:

http://www.hdtimeline.com/threads/automatic-chain-tensioner-adjustment.8091/

Cheers,

TQ

To follow up on TQ's post, sounds travel. I recently changed out the cam chains on my scoot, I would have bet big money the noise/clicking was coming from the primary side of the bike but it turned out to be the cam chains, opposite side of the bike from where I was hearing the noise.

To follow up on TQ's post, sounds travel. I recently changed out the cam chains on my scoot, I would have bet big money the noise/clicking was coming from the primary side of the bike but it turned out to be the cam chains, opposite side of the bike from where I was hearing the noise.

Jeff has got a good point. Your '07 RK should have the roller chains and hydraulic tensioners in the cam chest. But if the shoes on the hydraulic tensioners are completely shot, there may be metal under the elastomer that might be clicking one of the chain(s), but that should not go away when you let out the clutch.

Cheers,

TQ

Out riding my 08 EG today and every time I shift up or down there is a engagement click which is normal and comes from the primary side.
If this is your first Harley the character of the bikes noises and other nuances is what makes them great. So there may not even be a issue in the first place. ;)

When I see posts by members saying they have NOISE, Then I go ride my bike, I listen to my bike Thinking I Have the same noise..OR do I?

It Never fails for me to THINK something is Not quite right, but then It is actually Normal...

It IS the ABnormal I don't like...

Sure funny how that works...:rolleyes:

signed....BUBBIE

Back