free website stats program Red Key light on dash, No Start | Page 2 | Harley Davidson Forums

Red Key light on dash, No Start

I have the same problem with a 2009 Electra-Glide ultra-classic. After I turn it on, the security key flashes a couple times and stays on. Won't start. Was running fine two weeks ago. Battery fully charged. All diags show "none". Battery has been changed in the FOB.

Does it crank over? Are you sure you put the battery (CR2032) in the right way? Is the run switch on?

Did you place the batterie , in the Fob , in the right position?. Easy to make this mistake, happens quit a lot !!
View attachment 19231
Yes, checked it three times. Replaced a new battery.

I'd first try a battery disconnect and if that doesn't reset everything you may need to take it to the Dealer so they can reset it.
This worked earlier when I had a similar problem. But not this time. Guess I'll have to trailer it in.

Last edited by a moderator:
Turned out to be the ignition fuse.
Glad to hear you sorted it out. Simple fix but I guess it really didn't present itself. Was there a troubleshooting guide you followed?
After reading this again, I see where you stated you replaced a new battery in the Fob. I always use a Multimeter to test batteries. As an example, I thought my Fob battery was weak so I grabbed a new one from the "Battery Drawer" but before just installing it I tested it. It was actually weak! The battery in the Fob turned out actually to be stronger but just had dirty contacts.

Glad to hear you sorted it out. Simple fix but I guess it really didn't present itself. Was there a troubleshooting guide you followed?
After reading this again, I see where you stated you replaced a new battery in the Fob. I always use a Multimeter to test batteries. As an example, I thought my Fob battery was weak so I grabbed a new one from the "Battery Drawer" but before just installing it I tested it. It was actually weak! The battery in the Fob turned out actually to be stronger but just had dirty contacts.
No guide. A friend suggested it. No service person suggested it except one said it would likely be "something stupid".

Back