free website stats program Recommendations on Stabilizer kits | Harley Davidson Forums

Recommendations on Stabilizer kits

Bosn

I have an 08 FLHTCUI with approximately 10k on the rear tire. Wobble would seem to have increased with tire wear. I have checked the tightness of the stabilizer/engine mounts per specs.

Question: What kit best fixes this problem, easiest to install? Before installation of any kit I will install a new tire, some posts on this site have indicated this may cure the wobble problem to some degree (rear tire wear is down to @ 2/32nds at the center tread.

Do the tire and a good balancing first, then see if you need a stabilizer.

Also do a good real wheel alignment, even thou the rear wheel is not adjustable like the older bikes from side to side, use a straight edge and check the alignment to the front wheel. You may be surprised at what you find here.

Do the tire and a good balancing first, then see if you need a stabilizer.

Also do a good real wheel alignment, even thou the rear wheel is not adjustable like the older bikes from side to side, use a straight edge and check the alignment to the front wheel. You may be surprised at what you find here.

This is rather off the topic a little, but are there still makers of bolt-on Front Fork Brace stabilizer accessory? I notice that the 41mm forks on my Sporty are the same diameter as my brand "S" bike and it has one.

They were usually used to stiffen front ends using conventional fork lowers that rely on front fender and bracket to stop flex in a non-parallel direction, reduce internal stiction (binding), specially with extended forks.:newsmile020:

If you do find that you need one, this is what I installed and it makes the ride awesome >>> Alloy Art - touring XR stabilizer

There are lots of other choices out there and it would be worthwhile to search the web and this site for info. Also, checking the bike over like Glider said to make sure everything is as it should be.

I can tell you that since I installed this, my bike rides like it is on rails. Perfectly straight with no wobble or rear steer ( flat tire feeling) that it had before.

I can tell as soon as I am in need of a rear tire by the flex in the stearing especially around long sweeping corners at high speeds. Toss on a new rear tire and it rides like new again.

I am a fan of the TWR. I have had one on for 14000 mile. It took what I call the Hoola-Hoop butt out of min FLHTCU in the curves.

Back