free website stats program Recall Notice For 08 Models | Page 2 | Harley Davidson Forums

Recall Notice For 08 Models

Do you mean ownership from the stealer? As the bike was bought new. I have been receiving all kinds of HOG stuff and registration papers, so I assume they tranfered it to me.

My mistake, didn't realize it was new, thought it had a few miles on it, busy day here :D. The dealer should take care of it.

Check here to see if your bike is included in the recall (it should be)

https://www.harley-davidson.com/EX/MNT/SCHK/en/servicecheckup.asp?locale=en_US&bmLocale=en_US

Enter your vin and put a mileage figure in it like 5000. It will tell you the rest.

My mistake, didn't realize it was new, thought it had a few miles on it, busy day here :D. The dealer should take care of it.

Check here to see if your bike is included in the recall (it should be)

https://www.harley-davidson.com/EX/MNT/SCHK/en/servicecheckup.asp?locale=en_US&bmLocale=en_US

Enter your vin and put a mileage figure in it like 5000. It will tell you the rest.

DUDE....................YOU ROCK.

I did the search and the recall IS listed for my bike.....thanks

I have an 08 EG... How can you tell when it was built?

Use this:.... https://www.harley-davidson.com/EX/MNT/SCHK/en/servicecheckup.asp?locale=en_US&bmLocale=en_US
Glider gave me it, works great to see where you r at on ur scoot. Also, read your manual, it tells you how to read your VIN.

Ok, here's the deal with mine. I broke down on Sunday. The bike worked fine up until it quit. I bought it around a month ago, she has 600 miles on it. When it quit, it just stopped running, I thought it was out of fuel, thats the way it acted. Anyway, my new bike quit, I'm 50 miles from home, it's getting late, I'm pissed. I call Seminole Harley (where I bought it), they say, damn, they send a towing company to get it. They send E-tow, these guys rock, they were to me in less than an hour, with an enclosed trailer, very professionial, E-tow rocks. $200 to Harley's ESP (extended service plan), $60 to my own card. $60 to me, (BIG edit:newsmile055:) Anyway, I'm on my way home, my brokedown (EDIT) to the shop. Next day I call Seminole(9am), bike isn't there yet,(BIG edit :newsmile055:). I call e-tow, they think Seminole opens at 10...........yada, yada........Phone rings at 11:30am, it's Seminole, come get my bike, it's fixed. Ok, heres the deal. Harley will cover $200 in towing costs, my tow was $260..........I'm not going to pay anything. This was a new bike, I never got a re-call notice. I'm not giving anyone an extra $60 dollars. Where I'm at: dealing with Harley in Milwakee..........faxing, this and faxing that...........We'll see,............stay tuned!

Last edited:
Use this:.... https://www.harley-davidson.com/EX/MNT/SCHK/en/servicecheckup.asp?locale=en_US&bmLocale=en_US
Glider gave me it, works great to see where you r at on ur scoot. Also, read your manual, it tells you how to read your VIN.

Ok, here's the deal with mine. I broke down on Sunday. The bike worked fine up until it quit. I bought it around a month ago, she has 600 miles on it. When it quit, it just stopped running, I thought it was out of fuel, thats the way it acted. Anyway, my new bike quit, I'm 50 miles from home, it's getting late, I'm pissed. I call Seminole Harley (where I bought it), they say, damn, they send a towing company to get it. They send E-tow, these guys rock, they were to me in less than an hour, with an enclosed trailer, very professionial, E-tow rocks. $200 to Harley's ESP (extended service plan), $60 to my own card. $60 to me, (BIG edit:newsmile055:) Anyway, I'm on my way home, my brokedown (EDIT) to the shop. Next day I call Seminole(9am), bike isn't there yet,(BIG edit :newsmile055:). I call e-tow, they think Seminole opens at 10...........yada, yada........Phone rings at 11:30am, it's Seminole, come get my bike, it's fixed. Ok, heres the deal. Harley will cover $200 in towing costs, my tow was $260..........I'm not going to pay anything. This was a new bike, I never got a re-call notice. I'm not giving anyone an extra $60 dollars. Where I'm at: dealing with Harley in Milwakee..........faxing, this and faxing that...........We'll see,............stay tuned!

To the forum: Please accept my apology for the profanity in the above post. I shall watch it more closely.

Got some real experience with the fuel recall. 08 Glide with 2k miles. Fueled bike and immediately had trouble starting at the station. Shut off ignigtion and tried again, started and drove about 8 miles, bike shut off while driving and rolled to shoulder. Bike had no starter engagement and fuel pump was not engaging. Left me standed and towed to dealer on Tuesday and still waiting for answer and recall to be completed 9-04.

It would seem there is more to this recall than the letter lead us to believe. More than hard starting, stall while driving and no crank and tow required. i would be very careful about a road trip with the recall not being performed. I don't think the dealers know what these bikes are capable of doing and what we should expect.

Replaced my filter under recall a couple of weeks ago during the 5,000 mile checkup (at 6,200 miles). Dealer said the my filter was just about ready to let loose

BJ

Took mine in last week (2008 Road King Classic) and they puched into a MOCO site list and said they had to check the unit as it was built within a range of dates. Everything was cool. They have replaced about a dozen so far and they deliver about 6 - 12 bikes per day during the summer..............

Back