free website stats program Rear turn signal bulbs | Page 2 | Harley Davidson Forums

Rear turn signal bulbs

...and you might have bad module. I've had the HD kit, 69462-06C, on my 2010 SuperGlide and my 2010 FatBoy, both worked and made huge difference in rear lighting. The rear turn signal bulbs are 1156's, single tap bulbs. They were perfectly lit-up for running lights and got brighter, matching the brake light, when brakes were applied.
With just ignition on they should be on but not as bright. You will see a noticible increase inbrightness when brake is on.
wilks3
:USA

My bad...they are 1156's in the rear. (argh)
Sorry about the misunderstanding but they are still too bright when compared to the tail light. Figure it out with lighting experts. I have no idea what everyone else is on about that has same setup cause they are too bright!

I feel like the village idiot now. Got to thinking about post's claiming they had the same setup and all three lights lit up about the same.

Well, I pulled the tail light bulb and that was the culprit...all cloudy but both elements were good. Go figure that one. I appreciate the input most of ya thru at me and frowned at a few others > laffs

Thnx...they're still too bright for my like, tho

Last edited by a moderator:
New 1157 bulb fixes the tail/brake light dim problem.
1156=2.10 watts, stock brightness.
1073=1.80 watts, alittle dimmer.
1141=1.44 watts, alittle more dimmer.
One of these two bulbs will fit and should fix you up! Hope this helps.
wilks3

wilkes3...thnx, that looks interesting :D

New 1157 bulb fixes the tail/brake light dim problem.
1156=2.10 watts, stock brightness.
1073=1.80 watts, alittle dimmer.
1141=1.44 watts, alittle more dimmer.
One of these two bulbs will fit and should fix you up! Hope this helps.
wilks3

The 1141 was the best choice, still a little brighter than I liked but balanced it out alot better. Thnx again

Last edited by a moderator:
In post #16 it seems like he settled on the 1141 bulb.

Breeze3at,

You need to re-read my last posting above. I didn't ask what bulb he used but what turn signal/brakelight/running light conversion module he is using.

IMHO, sounds as though it could be the problem and not the bulbs. May not be compatible with his model and year of bike.

Back