free website stats program Rear tour pac Lens missing | Harley Davidson Forums

Rear tour pac Lens missing

Mongo1958

To the collective.
My 2009 Ultra is missing a rear lens on the left side. This is the lens that wraps around the left corner. How are these installed? Do they snap in or do I have to disassemble the rear lighting assembly? Thanks in advance.

I believe they are held in place by some form of adhesive. This would be a good time to remove the other side and put in LED bulbs from Custom Dynamics.:D An upgrade always makes a maintenance issue seem better.

I looked at mine and I believe Blue Wide Glide is correct, I have a white adhesive all around the light mount on the inside of the tour pack behind the carpet insert. No screws, bolts or nuts holding mine in place.

Seems to me to be a pretty cheap and cheesy way to do it.

See the attached pic. Is # 25 what your talking about? If so then the right side is p/n 53788-06, and the left is p/n 53789-06. Both list for $69.52 each. They look like the are held in place by #3 or 34.

tourbox

IMG_20180421_134027768.jpg
See the attached pic. Is # 25 what your talking about? If so then the right side is p/n 53788-06, and the left is p/n 53789-06. Both list for $69.52 each. They look like the are held in place by #3 or 34.

tourbox
No it is not the side running lights its the wrapwaround lights on the back.

Last edited:
That would be p/n 58383-89 for left & p/n 58384-89 for the right. Sorry for the confusion.
tourbox

Ok, I got the lenses yesterday. The Lens is a red translucent L shaped piece of plastic. The part that points forward goes into a slot, then wraps around the corner and snaps into place with 2 tangs, one on top and one on the bottom. I put a thin bead of Black RTV around the black lens mount and pushed it into place. I'm amazed that the dealer couldn't tell me this info when I ordered the parts. I still can't figure out how the darn thing fell out to begin with. Any way, the deed is done.
Later.

Back