free website stats program rear suspension air pump | Page 2 | Harley Davidson Forums

rear suspension air pump

I'm on the larger side.... and I hate my shocks no matter what pressure is in them. I never could find a happy medium with these stock shocks. Lots of bad reviews on Progressives and I dont want to spend a fortune on Ohlins, so I just run what I brung...

I'm 260lb I ride with about 35 psi with my wife on the back I bump it up to 40-42 it makes a difference
WAP.gif

Yeah. Dolt has you covered above, but on my bike it is on the left.

Be careful if you are getting a pump not designed for this purpose (like the HD one). It takes very little air to bring the pressure up to the recommended settings. A bicycle tire pump or similar will easily put in too much air (and therefore pressure).

The biggest problem I have is with the location of the Schrader valve. It is behind the left side saddle bag (box) near the shock, and difficult to get at with the pump end to screw onto the valve. I think I will move that whole bit to a more accessible location (like under the Tour Pack) and replumb the plastic tubing.

Cheers,

TQ

I just added a 6" long pigtail to mine (located same place behind left saddlebag) and now all I do is open the left bag and pull out the 6" long pigtail and check air or add air as needed. simple fix.

Bill

On my 15 limited I was able to connect the pump with out removing the bag with my 13 Road King I had to remove the bag but that pig tail sounds great where did you pick it up or is it home made
WAP.gif

I just added a 6" long pigtail to mine (located same place behind left saddlebag) and now all I do is open the left bag and pull out the 6" long pigtail and check air or add air as needed. simple fix.

Bill,

Sounds great! Show me. Got pix?

Cheers,

TQ

On my 15 limited I was able to connect the pump with out removing the bag with my 13 Road King I had to remove the bag but that pig tail sounds great where did you pick it up or is it home made
WAP.gif

Bill,

Sounds great! Show me. Got pix?

Cheers,

TQ

First of all these pictures Don put up are just right! I did make mine from old not being used air pump. I just cut the hose off and trimmed a regular ole black rubber shrader valve stem and installed in the other end -- no matter where you buy it or make it - it will stay connected to the bikes shrader valve and then all you do is stash it down out of the way of the bag lid and then all you do is lift the bag lid and pull the longer hose out and connect air pump or gage - no more crowded space that exists on the original on bike.

Bill

If your shocks leak down, most common cause is a dry fitting, push the red release in ward and pull out the hose, put a little Vaseline on the hose and push it back in, this helps the seal.
Newer bikes, 09 and up have a max pressure of 50 lbs, Older air pressure max was 25 lbs check your owner manual to be sure on yours.
You can start in the mid pressure range and adjust as needed.

Back