free website stats program Rear sprockets ???????? | Page 2 | Harley Davidson Forums

Rear sprockets ????????

'07-'08 are 70 tooth, the '09 is 68 tooth for the touring bikes.

Your right I got the # wrong . So the 09 has a smaller sprocket so all the difference is in the compensator . How would the smaller sprocket help when taking off @ a standstill ?

Yeah that is what I thought , but what Biglew55 posted on the sprocket sizes did not make sense to me , it seem that the 70 tooth sprocket would be on the 09 . You guys are giving me alot of info on the subject but I am still wondering if it would be benifical to change sprockets & would the 09 parts fit on the 08 .

Best bet would be to check with a decent dealer and see what the fitment of the rear wheels are when comparing 08 & 09 and that may tell you something. If there is a different fitment, I would say it wouldn't cross.

I was looking @ some after market suppliers & it seems that all of the 07-08with the 1" belt is 66 teeth the 09 has 68 teeth . What I am assuming is that the 09 will not fit the 07-08 models , I am going to see if I can get some more info on the fitment .

I did a search on Dominator Pulleys & then went to motorcycleonlinestore.com/Harley_Pulleys . That presented me with options , the only one I found so far that gave me some sort of fitment was RC components . Why would they only offer the 66 & 68 tooth sprockets for the bagger models ? Are just selling fancy sprockets with factory gearing or are they selling smaller sprockets :eam

I would like thank everyone for all the input on this suject !! It seems that it is not something that I can do @ this time because the models are to new , it seemed like it would be a nice upgrade , but it may take a few more years for the aftermarket products become availalble .

Back