free website stats program rear lowering kit adjustment | Harley Davidson Forums

rear lowering kit adjustment

fattyboy

hi all,Had shop put on lowering kit on.I would like it lower but the tec said if he lowered any more it would interfear with the stops.dont no what that means,how do you adjust it lower,I believe its a white brothers lower kit,right now i looked under the bike and their is a lot of the shock stud sticking out ot the brace,so if their is les stud sticking out that means the bike would be lower. How do you adjust a lower kit????? Thanks.

Its just the opposite of what you would think but the more stud sticking out means to lower and the less stud means to raise.

Have the Misses Heritage lowered, the more stud sticking out the lower the bike will be. Be VERY, VERY careful if you push the limits on those studs they will bend, or worse come out when you are riding (strip out). If your mech says they are out as far as they can be without doing damage...I would tend to believe him after all he is looking out for your safety. If you still need the bike lower you might consider a different seat.
Good luck and please be safe.

Check under your fender for clearance for tail light wires, they may rub

Back