free website stats program rear brake warning | Harley Davidson Forums

rear brake warning

eos316

I have a 2004 FLHRSI ,brake line blew on trip down skyline drive ended up ok... Please check brake line for wear on dressers near the floor board from vibration. when it goes its gone.. laid in parking lot of autozone cut out a section and added a 1/4 inch compression fitting bled brakes and limped it home.

I have a 2004 FLHRSI ,brake line blew on trip down skyline drive ended up ok... Please check brake line for wear on dressers near the floor board from vibration. when it goes its gone.. laid in parking lot of autozone cut out a section and added a 1/4 inch compression fitting bled brakes and limped it home.

Welcome to The Forum and your first post, some good info glad u r OK, Change the brake line as soon as possible, compression fittings should never be used as a permanent repair for brake lines:s

All my brake lines are braided stainless steel which tend to be a wee bit more robust and there is a fair bit of movement of these brake lines due to the suspension moving
These should all be inspected during a service and in this country inspected during annual mot inspection

Brian

Back