free website stats program rear axle spacer location? | Harley Davidson Forums

rear axle spacer location?

FxRs-John

hey guys, I just pulled of the rear wheel of my FXR so i could have a new tire put on. Having a little trouble putting it all back together. The issue that im having is that there was a washer somewhere on the axle (not sure where it fell from) it does not look like it is supposed to be in there, but i could be wrong. Any help with the location of this washer would be greatly appreciated! thanx guys

Here's the rear wheel.

HD0848055.gif

looks like its #35! thanks guys. You always come through!

#35 goes on the outside of the swingarm, correct?

Bikes is tore down for paint. Going to go with a black and dark green color scheme. I will try to post pics when its all done

Last edited by a moderator:
looks like its #35! thanks guys. You always come through!

#35 goes on the outside of the swingarm, correct?

Bikes is tore down for paint. Going to go with a black and dark green color scheme. I will try to post pics when its all done

No, the spacers go inside the swing arm on either side of the wheel hub. On my bike, the wide one is on the left side and the thinner one is on the right. You have to fiddle with getting them inside the bolts that hold the pully on one side and the brake rotor on the other, and then raise the wheel or lower the bike until you can mash the axle through. Way easier with some helping hands!!

TQ

I tried this before but the axle didnt seem to want to go through the right side spacer. Ill try it again and let you guys know what happens. thanks again!!

I tried this before but the axle didnt seem to want to go through the right side spacer. Ill try it again and let you guys know what happens. thanks again!!

Easier if you got some help, but if not, rotate the axle back and forth as you push it through. It is a pain to get everything lined up, the rotor back between the pads, and don't forget to have the belt over the pulley!!

TQ

Back