free website stats program Rear Alert? | Page 2 | Harley Davidson Forums

Rear Alert?

These have been around for a while in various forms. Some required load protection for your system and you may still for this one depending on how many extras you tacked on to your electrical system, this one stated no load resistor “IF” used with led lighting, so consider your overall system demands first.

I use the Kuryakyn Panacea system which does this as well ...just seem the Panacea system is much brighter coz they are leds..

Which panacea system did you buy? i was thinking of just the tail light system, and then buying the harley directional mirrors upfront, but depending on what you have, I'm open to other recommendations...

Personally, I'd like to find a rear lighting system that when the directional is turned on, the lighting system (either half or all of it) starts blinking towards the direction I'm signaling for.

Which panacea system did you buy? i was thinking of just the tail light system, and then buying the harley directional mirrors upfront, but depending on what you have, I'm open to other recommendations...

Personally, I'd like to find a rear lighting system that when the directional is turned on, the lighting system (either half or all of it) starts blinking towards the direction I'm signaling for.

I have the break,directional..when I hit the breaks the breaks and direction lights flash...and when I put on for instance: the right turn signal in the break light it has a yellow arrow that also illuminates

LightingPanacea Page

I've had a lot of success with products by Signal Dynamics. I have both their "WigWag" set up on my Ultra... using just the brake lights in my tourpack. I also installed 6 LED lights in the back under the lid which alternate back and forth with the brake lights. Main light on rear fender works like normal.

Brake Light Signal Module

In the front, I have the headlight hooked up with their modulater that comes with a light sensor so that it doesn't modulate at night (against the law).

Diamond Star Headlight Module

They've got a lot of great products... and, you get great service too. I've NEVER had a problem with them at all!

I've had a lot of success with products by Signal Dynamics. I have both their "WigWag" set up on my Ultra... using just the brake lights in my tourpack. I also installed 6 LED lights in the back under the lid which alternate back and forth with the brake lights. Main light on rear fender works like normal.

Fantastic stuff....sure is a lot cheaper than the Panacea system I installed...Ugh ! I always find out too late!:6:...:17:

Fantastic stuff....sure is a lot cheaper than the Panacea system I installed...Ugh ! I always find out too late!:6:...:17:

Here's the difference between the Panacea system and the signal dynamics however; the panacea system is a whole lighting system, and the other is a simple module. Right?

I'd be willing to pay the price for a complete unit, WITH l.e.d.s than to use a single modulator.

Here's the difference between the Panacea system and the signal dynamics however; the panacea system is a whole lighting system, and the other is a simple module. Right?

I'd be willing to pay the price for a complete unit, WITH l.e.d.s than to use a single modulator.

Yes Sir Correct!...They are modules...Panacea is a entire system...a bit pricey...What isn't ...lol ...but i do like it..heck the moneys already spent...lol...I get lots of comments on them for sure. If fact the HD dealer I bought them at was having a moonlight madness sale and wanted to use my bike as a demo...and me being a bit vain...I let them..we all want to show our bikes off a little right...lol. It was funny how every more comments were made on my windshield than on the Panacea system...lol they did sell 3 systems how ever...lol...and they gave my wife a 50.00 gift certificate ...

Last edited:
This is what I just installed.
eBay Motors: FREE SHIP LED SPINNER HARLEY Road King Glide FLH FLHPI (item 230228550978 end time Mar-05-08 18:54:46 PST)
Very easy just take out the 1157 bulb and replace the new 1 I had to trim the taillight cover bulb hole a tad with my knife to get it to slide in but only took a second.

So how do you like it now? I want to put something on the back to help people see me better and I'm wondering how much better will this thing do. When you don't have your brakes on, does it show up much? However, I don't want to look light a clown from the circus driving down the road. When you brake is it much brighter than the standard tail light?

Brake Light Signal Module

In the front, I have the headlight hooked up with their modulater that comes with a light sensor so that it doesn't modulate at night (against the law).

Diamond Star Headlight Module

They've got a lot of great products... and, you get great service too. I've NEVER had a problem with them at all!

Where did you mount the wigwag module and where did you cut in to the wires?

Back