free website stats program Real bad stutter/hesitation | Page 2 | Harley Davidson Forums

Real bad stutter/hesitation

Well After trying all of your guys suggestions, which I appreciate everyones help. I found the culprit. I took the air filter off to check for a nice spray from the accelerator pump and as I was revving the engine I noticed as the diapragm rose and lifted the needle. The small fitting (needle jet I think it is not positive) that the needle slides into was loose and coming up with the needle. I used a mini screw driver to hold it down while i gave the throttle a few good shots and the stutter is gone.

Now I just ned to get that small piece locked back down.

One other thing, when dealing with carburetor, there are a lot of parts, easy to reassemble them improperly if you do not pay attention how everything disassembles...especially the CV slide needle parts (spring tension can have you on your hands and knees looking for parts)...disassemble methodically...and note any "extra" parts that should not be left...:s

Well the verdict is in. I need to pay better attention to detail. I did not have the needle jet in right. Problem solved. Now she is good to go.

Well the verdict is in. I need to pay better attention to detail. I did not have the needle jet in right. Problem solved. Now she is good to go.

Good Deal another job well done:s

Good deal, very glad to see you got things sorted. When disassembling things, some are under spring tension, and "distract" you trying to keep everything sorted as parts start "popping up" and both hands are full. That is why is so important to take pictures (love my digital camera) to help you take complicated things apart. H-D service manual is written a lot better than most including exploded diagrams and decent details. :)

Recently picked up a Vespa scoot...very poor service manual at 287 pages...which only says, you can have a great product, but how you "present" it with the support & documentation is really a tale of the tape and why forums are so helpful...just to give you a bit of perspective." Our payment is seeing posts telling us how things went. :hii

Last edited:
Nice work! Glad to hear you got it figured out. Ride it like you stole it.

Bodeen

Back