free website stats program Re. Softail Deluxe exhaust | Harley Davidson Forums

Re. Softail Deluxe exhaust

Randall K. Wilson

I have an '09 Softail Deluxe on hold at a dealer.

When I get this Softail Deluxe I want to change the pipes....(Really). I would like fishtails on bothsides that run at least to the end of the fender or a little past the finder. I'm NOT interested in straight pipes...something Mellow if at all possible. Hence a muffler has to me in the scenario somewhere?

For the sake of this discussion I welcome any comments on the agenda I've laid out here on this website.

Perhaps some of you have did this to your softail deluxe?

Thanks.

Vance and Hines and Samson both have the fish tail tips...both are well liked by those who have 'em.

I will be adding Rinehart Slip on Pipes on My Bike, they are the Best Sounding and not Loud, but have a Nice Rumble.

Randall, I believe what you want are the "Dresser Duals", where you wind up with a pipe on both sides, just like the FL's.
There are many options available, and unfortunately, all are expensive.
This is primarely due to the fact that that you've got to reroute the rear cylinder exhaust to the other side, so there are mount and bracket issues to address also.
If I were you, I would do a search of the internet, and check out what all of the different mfgrs have available. You might even want to talk to your dealer and see if he will work you a deal in with your purchase of the bike.
I think the dresser duals and fishtails look great on the Deluxe, and would go that way if I were buying one. Good luck with your research, and make sure we see pictures of the finished product.

I was running Cycle Shacks I got on e-bay for 40 bucks. They were too loud for my neighbors so I took them off. sigh

I was running Cycle Shacks I got on e-bay for 40 bucks. They were too loud for my neighbors so I took them off. sigh

Or like my similar Drag Specialties straight dual drag pipes on my Sporty...same thing only, I put in a pair of 1 7/8" baffles for $14 for the pair, slightly quieter AND happ(ier) neighbors :D Just a reminder to keep an open mind and sometimes like magic solutions come to mind!!

Rider-n-Pillion_Mods-1.jpg

Back