free website stats program Ranting | Page 2 | Harley Davidson Forums

Ranting

No such issues this morning luckily! I guess it mainly comes down to what mood you're in and I was in a bad mood that morning!

No such issues this morning. I'm really lucky where I live, as soon as I turn out of my road I have beautiful country side to enjoy. It's only really the last 5 minutes of my journey that's full of traffic.

It'll all relative I suppose - nothing like Holland or Italy (cities anyway). I'd find it a nightmare, seing that the majority of other countries all drive on the wrong side of the road! ;-)

Sometimes it's not only the cagers. We were out not long ago and in front of us out of a parking lot comes a sportster, t-shirt, shorts, flip flops - doesn't stop, rolls right out into the street nearly rams the front fender of a moving car, whobbles around and then cuts the car off and then hes gone - flying down the road and out of sight.

The little scooters that everyone is riding are just as bad, we're coming down a residential street, scooter doing about 35 mph (10 over), flip flops no helmet, kid on the back (probably under 10 years old) with a bicycle helmet on. We couldn't figure out what all the hair flying in the guys face was until we realized there was another young girl, probably 6 standing in front of the driver in that little open well. We lost him in traffic before we could get his license number and call him in.

Martin:
where r u in Italy? My family is from Sicily, i was there last summer....had a ball visiting cousins.....tough to drive, let alone ride a bike....especially in Palermo.........did see some Harleys in Sciacca, cruising by the beach.(made me homesick a little)

I'm sorry but I feel I have to get this off my chest before I start working...

Usually (weekends especially) I have no problems filtering, overtaking - less traffic to worry about etc - people even move over slightly as a signal that they've seen you to help you by.

But today I mean, everyone seemed to want to get in my way, on purpose! I DONT expect people to move if it looks like I want to get passed but this morning everyone seemed to be moving over to the right to block me! As soon as the car in front has clocked me they were swerving over to the offside to make my life just that little bit harder.

I guess it's down to everyone wanting to get to work and not letting anyone get in their way, but this morning really got to me.

Rant over. Breathe in.... out. OK I'm fine.

Dont forget... It was the ''Full Moon'' and in Montreal the crackpot cager:bigsmiley22: are out 2 days before the full moon and 1 day after.

Martin:
where r u in Italy? My family is from Sicily, i was there last summer....had a ball visiting cousins.....tough to drive, let alone ride a bike....especially in Palermo.........did see some Harleys in Sciacca, cruising by the beach.(made me homesick a little)

Im up north, about 40 miles from Milan.. funny, the boys around here
tell me riding in the south is easier cause there is less traffic :52:

Its the blind curves that get me.. imagine riding into a right hand curve,
2 lanes no shoulder, big high wall on the right, cant see diddly 15 feet in front of you, and with a local yahoo insisting on riding your tail and expecting you to do this at 50 mph.. great fun :)

Havent tried the bike in Milan yet, not sure I'm that brave :D

Back