free website stats program Rallyrunner Seat, anyone used it? | Harley Davidson Forums

Rallyrunner Seat, anyone used it?

toanjo

Has anyone put the H-D Rallyrunner seat on their bike (part# 51369-06)?

The description reads: "Seat pans are constructed from hand-laid fiberglass for extra durability, and carpeted to protect your paint finish."

Also, it does not require the seat bumper kit like most of the others.

So common sense tells me that even though the underside of the seat is carpeted, the rubbing is going to do something to the finish of the fender.

Does anyone have any first hand experience?

I currently have the pillion and dont like the fact that every time I want to switch from solo to passenger I have to mess around with connecting the pillion to the solo seat. I like the idea of having two seats that I can just swap back and forth. Also, because the Rallyrunner doesnt use the bumpers I wouldnt have to worry about the bumpers cluttering up my fender when I have the solo seat attached (which is currently my setup).

Well, If anybody still interested, I just got back from a 50 mile test ride with my new Rallyrunner Dyna seat.
I like it much more than the Badlander which caused my back to ache like hell.
It's sleek and cut down but has good back support that holds me in the seat when I get on the throttle and allows a relaxed grip on the handlebars.
It seems like a winner. A good compromise between the cut down cruiser and the plush touring seats.

Thanks for the update. I am still interested actually, and Im glad you posted.

I have a number of detachable seats, rails, sissy bars, etc that I like to swap on and off my bike. My problem is that if I want to take my 2 person seat off, and put my solo seat on, I have those ugly bumpers stuck to the fender. the Rallyrunner seat is carpeted underneath, so my question is "does it damage the paint on the fender from rubbing".

If it didnt, that would be the perfect seat for me, because then I could swap it on to give the wife a ride to the ice cream parlor, then take it off when Im done and want to go for a 4 hour cruise.

If you notice whether the seat marks up the fender I would love to know.

I also noticed that there was a new detachable passenger pillion in the 09 HD catalog. I think Im going to check that one out as well.

Well, I think anything that touches paint will eventually wear on it or scratch it.
I used 2 up seats on my Bob for a year without any rubber bumpers and did get a couple of marks on my fender.
They did come off with a little spit and the tip of my finger; so that tells me that the pewter denim paint is pretty tough.
Only time will tell how the paint stands up against the HD carpet..

yes I have (had) the rallyrunner seat ,and it sucks big time .I could ride only and hour before my back and legs started to go numb . Not to mention that my wife hated it too. The passenger part of the seat was way under padded and narrow .Went with the sundowner deep bucket seat .Very Comfortable for me and my wife .

Back