Radio doesnt play

Discussion in 'Communications And Radio' started by JaxHenrik, Jun 24, 2017.

1. JaxHenrik

JaxHenrik New Member

Hi all- Just lately, when I start the bike up, the radio wont power up. If I go down the road to get gas or go the store, the radio works when I start the bike to come home. Its happened more than a few times. Sound familiar? Any ideas? Thanks in advance.

2. tourbox

tourbox Senior Member Contributor

Sounds like a loose connection somewhere.
    tourbox

3. Coodaddy

Coodaddy New Member

I have an 08 Street Glide recently purchased and I drove 4 miles everything worked returned home and the radio, signals and horn stopped working. Parked it and returned to it later in the evening and it all worked again. Has anyone encountered this and what should I do?

4. joel

joel Senior Member

Does wiggling the switch seem to help any?
    I had a 03 RKC that had the harness to the switch begin to un plug and caused problems

5. CRCKR

CRCKR Active Member

This happens on my brand new SG too. Once or twice a week when I start the bike up the radio doesn't turn on. Have to turn off the ingnition and when it is turned back on the radio comes back. IT doesn't bother me too much but I'll get it to the dealership out of principal (and I don't just mean the principal on the loan!)

6. joel

joel Senior Member

On my 2015, the dealer did a update to the radio that has taken care of radio.
    Mine started out with no volume control that led to no radio operation until I would pull over and shut off the bike, wait about 10 seconds and restart.
    Also makes the warning message go away automatically after enough time to read it real slow.

7. dirtchief686

dirtchief686 New Member

sounds like a typical "boom" audio system to me. these things have a mind of their own. mine will come on when the bike is turned off, or turn off when the bike is on. go figure.

8. Blue Wide Glide

Blue Wide Glide Junior Member

I think you need a new gremlin bell!!:D

9. liquid_wrench

liquid_wrench Junior Member

My Radio doesn't come on sometimes....I thought it was the stock radio so I installed a Kenwood last winter....Guess what? It does the same thing....I just detatch the face and put it back on, then it's fine......lol

10. Harttoo

Harttoo Well-Known Member

Loose connection some place.If it has a fairing,remove fairing and unplug all radio connectors and plug back in.