free website stats program Radar detector | Page 2 | Harley Davidson Forums

Radar detector

I've found a street light pole will block me from radar but around here they've mostly switched to laser guns with built in digital photo.
Lawyer said pay the fine and slow down :(

I run a Valentine One on my Fatboy (take a look at my pix to see) and I have wired it in to the head light park lamp as its on only when the key is on. You can get a L.E.D light that fits in your helmet (can't miss it) that's wireless.:naughty

Just be aware that when you get pulled over and have a radar detector you might as well forget about any type of warning or reduction in fines from either the cop or the judge.

I have a cheap Cobra, I use the mount that came with it and stick it on the winshield just above the three pouches on my Ultra Classic. I opened the fairing and tapped in a dual outlet to the cigar lighter already installed. Then just used the lighter adapter that came with it. One for the radar detector one for the Sirius satellite radio. I mounted all of it inside the fairing with zip ties. Works great, saved me a ticket just a few nights ago. Never leave home without it.

Lancer

PS Plenty loud enough to hear plus the lights are just below eye level.

Back