free website stats program Race Tuner | Harley Davidson Forums

Race Tuner

I have a 2009 Street Glide with a 103 kit and some slip-ons- the dealer just did a $100 down-load. I'm thinking of doing the V&H dresser pipes and the Monster Ovals. Same Harley dealer says I can simply do another $100 download.

However, every other dealer/shop says I must/should do a race tuner and then dyno tune it. Who is more right???????

I had no Idea they had more than one Stage 1 download. I think I'd buy a tuner if it was me.

Go with the tuner,if you look through the different posts and the self help section you will see that there has been alot of discussions on this subject.

I have a 2009 Street Glide with a 103 kit and some slip-ons- the dealer just did a $100 down-load. I'm thinking of doing the V&H dresser pipes and the Monster Ovals. Same Harley dealer says I can simply do another $100 download.

However, every other dealer/shop says I must/should do a race tuner and then dyno tune it. Who is more right???????

Race tuner? Hmmm. You gonna race the bike? If not, then I suggest that you get a simple fuel manager that lets you overcome the lean condition that HD's maps will give you. That way your bike will run well: cooler, no poppin on decel, and no hesitations when you jump on it!!

If you are gonna race the bike, then you might need all that SERT and dyno stuff. Of course there are other tuners too.

TQ

Just to add my agreement with this.
The 2009 do handel fuel better it seems But with A simple TFI you going to be happy and safe.
Race tuner route only if you getting paid to race it IMO.

Ill add go with the TFI also

ive got a 07 stc and putting the 2009 stage 3 103 upgrade anyone have anything to say about it

ive got a 07 stc and putting the 2009 stage 3 103 upgrade anyone have anything to say about it

Last edited by a moderator:
Hello, I have a couple questions that have been always been a topic. I have owned Harleys for many years. They all morphed into strokers and I would constantly tinker on them and had alot of fun. Now I am at the point where I don't even want to change my own oil. ( I'm burnt out on turning wrenches and just want to ride.) I just bought a new 2009 Heritage Softail. I love it. I'm still a gear head at heart, and I need to change the stock exhaust. It is so quiet it is killing me! Now for the questions. I bought a set of rush pipes that look like the equivalent of long shots. I was told by the dealer that I could throw a set of rush slip ons on the bike to get some noise with out doing anything more.
Now,...... I went to one dealership and they told me I could do a download for cheap money and change the air cleaner to make it run correctly. I went to another dealership and they said I need a race tuner, time on the dyno, and an air cleaner for the same pipes. ( This WASN'T for cheap money.) Now, my question is: if the rush slip ons can be put on without doing anything, shouldn't the long shots be the same? They are plenty long, have baffels, and if you leave the stock air cleaner on it, shouldn't that choke it up enough to give it the required fuel? You need to realize, I come from the time of carburetors, which could be adjusted easily. I'm happy with the power the stock 96 inch motor has. I just need to hear it. Any help will be appreciated.

I'd personally go with the race tuner,way more adjustability than a simple fuel tuner.You can adjust idle speed,timing,off idle fuel settings,and you can seperately tune front and rear cylinders.

Back