free website stats program Quieter Exhaust? | Page 2 | Harley Davidson Forums

Quieter Exhaust?

Had SE (bit too quiet) and switched to Vance Hines 2 into 1. Good performance and not too loud. but will bark if and when you want it to.

Her friend has the V&H Big Radius 2 into 2. She liked the sound and they are a bit quieter than hers so that is what we went with.

Thanks for all the concern about her. She apparently bounces/rolls very well at 56 years old.

The bike skidded about 30 yards on its front and rear bars, She rolled about 20 yards finally off the side of the road into the grass.

Fortunately she was wearing a full face helmet, heavy leather jacket, leather chaps, leather gloves, and HD steel toed boots.

She had a silver dollar size abrasion to one knee and a dime size abrasion to one elbow. Her knee was a little tender and swollen and one ankle was a bit tender.

She got back on the bike against my will and rode it back to where we were staying. About an hours drive.

Turns out she had a non-displaced rib fracture and some atelectasis in her right lung from where the mirror slapped her and knocked her off the low side of the bike.

I think I would have had 2nd thought about getting right back on but then again I have been hit twice by drunks while stopped at lights or stop signs but will little to know injury to myself.

I think she is tougher than I am.

She went riding on the back of the Street Glide the following week, said she cringed every time she saw a dog but I would think that is natural.

Her bike is still in the shop.

Mighty brave and strong gal you have there TearkessTom...she is definitely a keeper. Good to hear she found the pipes and still enjoys the ride...!

Having someone to share the joy with is the ultimate Harley accesssory that can't be found in any Parts & Accessories catalog...:cheers

Back