free website stats program Quick Links Tips Forum | Page 2 | Harley Davidson Forums

Quick Links Tips Forum

re: Quick Links Tips Forum

Relative new to site and have found it a wealth of info, it has really helped me working on my bike.
Appreciate your efforts guys you do a brilliant job.

Hey, I just wanted to take a minute and let you know, I haven't abandoned the idea of changing my own oil. :s As a matter of fact, I'm actually hoping to do it this weekend, (probably Monday, but since that is part of my 3 day weekend, that looks like the day for me). Glider, I haven't had much luck on getting the Spectro, but I haven't given up, I found a list of 'dealer's' in the area, but no one had it. Lots of them had Spectro oil, but not the gear oil. There are quite a few other places listed, but they aren't close enough for my 'leash' to reach during working hours, so I'm hoping to call around & find it and pick it up Monday a.m. (unfortunately, the weekend is booked) been a lot of that lately, but hopefully, weather permitting, next week I'll be saying "I did it!" So, DK, if I can do it, you can do it! Don't make me 'double dog dare you'.:khee

For the record, I did look around for some new ideas, but I'm still kind of stuck with the kind of stuff on my list still has (Fits all models except FXSTD/I). But, honey needed a bike lift so we picked one up at Harbor Freight, light weight, easy to store, but not sure we're keeping it, now he wants a lift table, I'm still leaning towards both, thank goodness he keeps the check book huh? I'll keep you posted!:breakdance

We'll be waiting to hear the results Joy.

Good luck and keep the paper towels handy.:D

Hey DK, I'm with you on leaving some things to the pros....:) I know some of my bicycle tires could be a bear to change, and they were small & light weight. But I'm sure we can handle the basic oil change. I'll keep you posted, I sure hope time & weather allow to accomplish the task this weekend. Later!

You bet glider my pleasure I wish I had half the knowledge that you have on bikes

Back