free website stats program Questions for the Kentucky riders | Page 2 | Harley Davidson Forums

Questions for the Kentucky riders

Well, it looks like plans have changed. My son's bike was stolen yesterday. I guess we will put this trip off until a later date. Thanks for the info, it will still be useful later in the summer.

Man that is raw. We need to adopt some old world thieve control like when the hands of a thieve were cut off, kept the stealing down anyway. HD Fatboys are one of the highest stolen bikes in the US, so I turn on my security and lock it down even when I go inside a store for a second or two. Too bad about your son's bike, that hurls chunks man.

Sorry to hear of your sons misfortion. I hope he gets his ride back and in good shape.
And if not I hope he dosen't have to much of a fight with his insurance Co.

Bikermonkey and Less and other Ky riders,

I'm trying to figure out a trip to Kentucky from Indiana. From Indianapolis I would probably come down through Madison, IN and take 421 to Frankfort, KY (supposed to be a nice bike road). I don't want to ride the Interstate highways so what do you recommend from Frankfort if I head south from Frankfort. I'm thinking I would head to Versailles on 60, then 33 to Danville and then on to Somerset.

I went to college in Barbourville so I know about Cumberland Falls. I used to go there a lot. So I might visit the falls again. My son will be riding his bike and I will have my wife with me. What else should I stop to see on this trip? What roads would you suggest we use? I don't want to ride twisties all day long (that will wear me out), but a few will make it interesting and the rest of the roads I'd like to be scenic. If we take 3 days for this trip, I'd ride down one day, ride around there for a day, and then head back the third day. Can you give me some suggestions? Are there attractions we should see between Frankfort and Cumberland Falls? Do you think Somerset would be a good base camp?
Hey. glad your planning a trip. I was gone all last week so I have catching up. You can take 421 to your old alma mater in Barbourville and then catch the Cumberland Gap parkway to Cumberland Gap and then back through the Mountains by way of Harlan. Big trip but nice scenery.

Well, it looks like plans have changed. My son's bike was stolen yesterday. I guess we will put this trip off until a later date. Thanks for the info, it will still be useful later in the summer.
Ozone, I didn't see about your Son's bike until just now. Sure sorry about that. I can't stand a rogue.

Thanks guys for your concern about my son's stolen bike. It hasn't been found. Our insurance is with State Farm and our agent for 30 years says that he has never had to settle a stolen bike claim before. I guess he doesn't sell many bike insurance policies or all of his bike policy owners have been pretty lucky. Anyway, he says they will take 30 days to pay off. I don't know what they will pay yet. My son hasn't told be much about his conversation with the agent. I hope he gets a fair deal so he can buy another bike. It was a lot of fun riding with him and we had a lot of plans for future rides.

Back