free website stats program Questions about back-firing and popping | Page 2 | Harley Davidson Forums

Questions about back-firing and popping

The new shop dynoed the bike last week, had it out over the week-end, Much Better! However, now it's "spitting" a little oil out the air breather. My thoughts are to lowwer the oil level a couple onces, any thoughts?

See where the HOT oil level is on the stick and lower it about 1/4 of the way to the add mark. It should be OK then.

The new shop dynoed the bike last week, had it out over the week-end, Much Better! However, now it's "spitting" a little oil out the air breather. My thoughts are to lowwer the oil level a couple onces, any thoughts?

What did it cost to get what you had done at this new shop? I'm thinking of going to a local shop.

turnerbend, I had it originally done at a dealer who fell short of what they promised, thankfully the shop I used to fix didn't charge me. Original shop said they dynoed, but couldn't produce the record of it, then admitted basicly it was a "canned map". Original was the price of a super tuner $300 and $380 to "say" they dynoed. Needless to say I'll not be back to that dealership again.

turnerbend, I had it originally done at a dealer who fell short of what they promised, thankfully the shop I used to fix didn't charge me. Original shop said they dynoed, but couldn't produce the record of it, then admitted basicly it was a "canned map". Original was the price of a super tuner $300 and $380 to "say" they dynoed. Needless to say I'll not be back to that dealership again.

You should be entitled to a refund for the "dyno time" they charged you for and didn't do. How much dyno time did they charge you for, it looks like about 3+ hours for a 20 minute download. ( and $380 to "say" they dynoed)

This is a scam that a lot of dealers do, it's nothing new. They sell you the tuner and charge you for 3+ hours of dyno time and just download a canned map. They should be reported for doing this, it's fraud!

You also need to think about listing the dealers name and location in the dealers I wouldn't recommend thread, so other members don't get scammed.

I went through the same thing with my 06 Ultra Classic. Instead of paying a different shop to properly re-tune my SE race tuner, I did some reserch and had a non-dealer shop install a Thunder Max ECM. They added O2 bungs to my D&D Fat Cat exhaust. I couldn't be happier. My bike has never ran better and if I want to change cams or exhaust I don't need to pay for a dyno and hope they get it right. Just load the closest map and it will self tune over the next half dozen rides. Anyway, I'm happy with my decision to dump the race tuner and go with the Thunder Max. Money well spent.
WAP.gif

Back