free website stats program Questionable Sales Practices | Page 2 | Harley Davidson Forums

Questionable Sales Practices

Hey Ace, my brother just bought an 07 fxst in april at Shumate, and just yesterday traded it on an 08 Fatboy. He said he just went in there as a goof to ask for an unbelievable deal and he got it. They Paid off his Standard and gave him two grand toward the Fatboy, He picks it up tuesday. Today I got to go help him take off all the goodies to put it back to stock.

Best way of trading it in by far is what you are doing, removing the extras. Why let the stealers make the $$$ on the extras when they sell it to the next customer.

Good move.:s

Hey Ace, my brother just bought an 07 fxst in april at Shumate, and just yesterday traded it on an 08 Fatboy. He said he just went in there as a goof to ask for an unbelievable deal and he got it. They Paid off his Standard and gave him two grand toward the Fatboy, He picks it up tuesday. Today I got to go help him take off all the goodies to put it back to stock.
wildspirit,
I've heard that Shumate has very competitive prices on selling bike. It used to be there big drawback was service department and the utter lack of customer service. I prefer the boys at Destination in Tacoma or MT HD.

me too, I bought mine in lynwood, but I don't think I'll be back there. I've talked them guys in tacoma, and I liked what I heard, I also talked to someone at beartooth in montana and they seemed way more honest with me on the phone. Don't get me wrong, they were real friendly in lynwood but I felt lied too once I got there, and I drove 300 miles to get there, they could have at least not lied to me about the price over the phone. :12:

me too, I bought mine in lynwood, but I don't think I'll be back there. I've talked them guys in tacoma, and I liked what I heard, I also talked to someone at beartooth in montana and they seemed way more honest with me on the phone. Don't get me wrong, they were real friendly in lynwood but I felt lied too once I got there, and I drove 300 miles to get there, they could have at least not lied to me about the price over the phone. :12:

Here's a good place to check out a dealer and also to leave feedback about one too.

http://www.stealer-dealer.com/

that's a real informative site glider thanks, too bad I won't be shopping for a while. Or at least I hope I won't:41::rider

Yeah, yeah ,yeah....
You'll be shopping sooner than you think when you decide you want a bagger:D

I like that site because it exposes all the frauds with the questionable practices.

I D'know, I like 'em But I've never really been able to see myself on one, and I really like the Softail. I like less fender and more tire if ya know what I mean. I would like to get a little bit fatter tire on my standard, but I think I'm keepn' my Baby:D:gh
Maybe when I get a little older (15-20 years from now)I'll think about a GEEZER GLIDE:s by then they'll prolly Fly:D:p:lol:superman:rider

Back