free website stats program Question regarding the 833 vs the 1200 | Page 4 | Harley Davidson Forums

Question regarding the 833 vs the 1200

Hey, mine is only an 883, but it looks alot faster! Every mod has been done except motor. Runs PERFECT, why mess with it? BTW, its also for sale...

Attachments

• Picture 013.jpg
    Picture 013.jpg
    109.1 KB · Views: 23
  • Picture 012.jpg
    Picture 012.jpg
    98.3 KB · Views: 21
  • Picture 011.jpg
    Picture 011.jpg
    89.6 KB · Views: 20
  • Picture 016mini.jpg
    Picture 016mini.jpg
    91.8 KB · Views: 21
I agree with 129south, there's really no such thing as a beginner bike, just beginner riders. Find the bike that fits your riding needs and wallet and go for it. If you haven't taken the rider saftey course, do that. There's always something to learn. Start out in the two lanes and puts some miles on it before you go for the expessways and heavy town traffic. Once you get the feel and comfort for it ,you're good to go no matter what bike you choose.
Ride on defense and Ride Safe!

Bikerdude -

I know where you are coming from. I bought a 1200 sportster last August - my first bike since 1981 and my first HD. I thought about the 883 but was concerned that I would out grow the bike too fast. (Harley also gave me a great deal since I order the bike from military sales in Baghdad)

I'm very happy with my bike, but it is taking me a while to get used to riding again after so many years. I moved from Baghdad to Brussels right after Iraq. So I'm stuck waiting for the snow to melt and the weather to improve before I can really enjoy my Sportster.

My only regret is that I didn't have enough time after Iraq to take a riding course....It was all I could do to get my license renewed before moving again.

Good luck

Mike

Bikerdude -

I know where you are coming from. I bought a 1200 sportster last August - my first bike since 1981 and my first HD. I thought about the 883 but was concerned that I would out grow the bike too fast. (Harley also gave me a great deal since I order the bike from military sales in Baghdad)

I'm very happy with my bike, but it is taking me a while to get used to riding again after so many years. I moved from Baghdad to Brussels right after Iraq. So I'm stuck waiting for the snow to melt and the weather to improve before I can really enjoy my Sportster.

My only regret is that I didn't have enough time after Iraq to take a riding course....It was all I could do to get my license renewed before moving again.

Good luck

Mike

Welcome to the forum Mike and hope you like living in Brussels. Enjoy your new ride and always keep the rubber side down :D. Keep us all posted on how you get on once the snow melts.

i thought the same thing when i brought my first harley and ended up with a 883 which i found out i should have gone straight for a 1200 now im spending the $$$ to give it more power so go for a 1200 and save money.

In my part of the world its much cheeper to by an 883 and do the 1200 upgrade than it is to buy a 1200
But then id do all the spanner work myself and enjoy the result all the more

Brian

love my 08 883c, had alot of fun on it and had some work done on it. Having it changed to a 1200 soon because I want a little more power out on the highway. I would not get rid of my Sportster for anything.:D

I have learned so much reading these posts! Thanks so much...but I want to toss in my 1c cause I am not experienced enough to put in 2c without giving change!! Anyway, in all honesty, because I refused to be my hubbies..."rider", I spent months going from bike to bike to check out what I liked in looks, in size, in sitting and in lifting...etc...I am only 5'1" tiny but tough kinda gal...The moment I swung my leg over the Sporty 883, (yes, over the seat cause I hated other bikes that I had to thread my leg through the seat)...I fell in love...With both feet firmly. and flatly planted on the ground, I tipped her up off the kickstand like I had been doing it forever...At the time I was disappointed it was blue...(sorry folks, YUCK)...Thank goodness for Santa...Cause bright and early Xmas Morning...my girl, "Ruby" was sitting in my garage with a fresh coat of paint...After all the bikes I looked at, sat on etc...She is here to stay...DARN WINTER!!!!...if you are wondering...Yes, I attached to my mustang as well....lol....:kissyou

Back