free website stats program question on tps | Page 2 | Harley Davidson Forums

question on tps

Pappy,

Thanks. I'm wondering if this is the issue for me too because this is the first I've experienced this problem and yesterday was the first time I was running her at 80mph. Maybe that's too fast for her????

I'll probably know more once I start the bike today and take her to the shop. They're going to get me in as soon as I can get there. Great dealership and I know there are some people that don't like dealerships.

Regards,
Mark

BTW, how can I report a helpful post? On other forums members can express their thanks by reporting a helpful post that appears on another member's profile page. It tracks the positive influence a member provides to the rest of the community.

Last edited by a moderator:
Ace; Right next to the button on the left that shows if the member is On line or Off line, is a icon (of balance scales). If you click on the icon, a pop up for feedback appears (called reputation points here), then you can give positive feedback to that member and post.
It's nice when I get a notice, I believe others do too. :small3d018:

Last edited:
Guys, took my bike to the dealership today. They worked on it for about an hour. Ran a battery of tests, came up with nothing from those tests.

Then they suggested I run the bike without the Power Commander (III - USB version). The bike never ran better!

So, they think the Power Commander wasn't either mapped after the top end was re-done, or it wasn't mapped now that the engine has broken in after the top end was re-done, or the Power Commander went bad. So, they are sending it back to the manufacturer for testing.

After they get the unit back, or a new unit from the manufacturer, they'll re-install the Power Commander and dyno tune it.

I'm riding my bike now and it is a totally different bike without the Power Commander on it. It idles a little bit faster than it should, but not by much.

Part of me would rather just keep the (EDIT) Power Commander off because the bike is running so much better. Another part of me knows that it is better to have the Power Commander on the bike so it is getting the correct fuel amount.

Anyway, just thought I'd give you guys an update.

Sorry I didn't mention my bike has a Power Commander. I didn't know until today.

Regards,
Mark

Please read and understand the info in this link below...

A Friendly Reminder - Harley Davidson Community

Last edited by a moderator:
I am having similar problems also. 2001 FXSTI K&N intake and V&H straight shots 17,000 miles stock engine. Top end was done 1200 miles ago., rings, lifters ,rocker arm bushings, and cam bearings. Bike stutters at cruising speed in all gears. Accelerates fine when rolling throttle. Pings at low speed near lugging bottom of range. Bike to me has same symptoms as intake leak before with rubber cap on throttle body cracked. No intake leaks or exhaust leaks.

I am having similar problems also. 2001 FXSTI K&N intake and V&H straight shots 17,000 miles stock engine. Top end was done 1200 miles ago., rings, lifters ,rocker arm bushings, and cam bearings. Bike stutters at cruising speed in all gears. Accelerates fine when rolling throttle. Pings at low speed near lugging bottom of range. Bike to me has same symptoms as intake leak before with rubber cap on throttle body cracked. No intake leaks or exhaust leaks.

Did this start happening after installing the V&H straight shots ?
Areyou using a tuner? .....Carbed or EFI

Back