free website stats program Question for Night Train Owners | Harley Davidson Forums

Question for Night Train Owners

SamHayne

I wanted to know if you lean forward & how far with the stock 6 inch risers & drag bars on a Night Train?

I have a Softail Standard with 18 inch ape hangers on it. I was thinking of changing to drag bars, but one thing I worry about is, I have a bad back between my shoulders. I am thinking if I have to lean forward, it will make my ride uncomfortable.

I bought my 2003 Night Train because of the drag bars/riding position. I am 6'2 with long arms and I find that I don't lean forward as much as I sit upright. I don't have any complaints with mine on rides over 50 miles. Hope this helps.

I have six inch risers with a set of Deuce bars sitting on top of them on a 2008 Softail Standard . It feels better than the standard bars and i do not feel that I am leaning forward. By the way I am six foot two inches tall.
Hope this helps.
By the way, I did not have to change any of the cables.

I'm only 5'5" and I have a bad lower back. I don't have a problem with my riding position on my '08. Actually I like it. I bought it in December and put 3700 miles on it. I'm about to ride from colorado springs, co to sanford, fl, so if riding problems were an issue then i'd be trailering, but i'm not.

I haven't noticed any upper back fatigue riding mine, even on 3+ hour rides, still have my stock bars and risers. I'm 6'7" though, so depending on your size I may not be the best person to answer the question.

I have an 07 NT and had to remove the drag bars because of back pain riding even short distances (20miles). I am 5'6" and it was a stretch for me (I must have short arms) I guess it is different for each person. I could not stand the pain between my shoulders and lower back. I did have major neck reconstruction surgery many years ago and I am sure it must have something to do with it.
I changed my bars to the one's listed in the 08 HD catalog for the NT. They were $159.95 with pull back risers (no cable mods needed) They work great for me and no more pain. I guess different strokes for different folks, in this case Bars and Risers. Good luck with your decision.

Last edited:
its not that bad! the only time is start to get uncomfortable is if you have a rider and no sissy bar and she wants to lean on you while holding on.

Back