free website stats program Question about rallies and your attendance | Page 2 | Harley Davidson Forums

Question about rallies and your attendance

Sturgis is in the works for this year, trying to book hotel/motel for the group, all booked, nearest is 55 miles away, seems people book and cancel if things change, leaving Sturgis mid week for Hot August Nites in Reno---it to is booked --SOLID for the week, will have to stay in an outlying area, the only real way to judge what has happened is to be there, attendance down is subjective, if the best attendance was 200,000 and is now 180,000 still lots of people, maybe not lots of money this year.

I will be hitting Sturgis this year, and attending the other rallies as possible. Maybe I can make up for others who are not going and just spend a little more :newsmile107:

Sturgis is in the works for this year, trying to book hotel/motel for the group, all booked, nearest is 55 miles away, seems people book and cancel if things change, leaving Sturgis mid week for Hot August Nites in Reno---it to is booked --SOLID for the week, will have to stay in an outlying area, the only real way to judge what has happened is to be there, attendance down is subjective, if the best attendance was 200,000 and is now 180,000 still lots of people, maybe not lots of money this year.

We booked a lodge with a group of people. Have you checked out houses, and campgrounds (some have cottages)?

For all the years I've been riding, I've never once been to Sturgis/Daytona or the like. I've had many people tell me I NEED to go to Sturgis but I'm not much of a big crowd kinda person.

I may go there someday just to experience the spectacle, but probably not anytime soon.

I agree with you. I am not a crowd person either. Maybe something to do with ships and the Navy :D

I have been to Thunder Beach, R.O.T. Rally, Blowout in Gulfport, Faunsdale, Five Flags and some smaller rallys. Don't like the crowds but do like people watching:s

For the money I would rather take a road trip somewhere and see some of our countryside.

I think Rolling Thunder is a must do, incredible experience. I want to do Sturgis some day but that will be a couple of years off.

Myrtle Beach wasn't that bad..... that means it was still a lot going around and it was less crowded this year. MB itself was like a ghost town. It was great that almost everybody didn't spend money there and the city lost a lot of money. The mayor was on TV at the end of the week and complained that the city lost much money because the bikers didn't come... isn't it crazy?

I arrived in DC on Sunday late afternoon and the demonstration was over but there were so many people. I thought they talked about 250,000 bikes. And on Memorial Day there were still a lot of biker in town. Was great to see!

Made the MotoGP in Monterey, CA the last 3 years. However, prices keep going up and I'm burned out on it.

I missed Bike Week at Laconia by about 3 weeks when I was back in New Hampshire last week on vacation. However, even though I'm not a fan of big crowds, I'm going to Sturgis this year. Just want to ride through town and look at all the bikes and the people. Then it's off to Deadwood, Mt. Rushmore, etc. Riding all the way there from California. No trailering for me.

Never been to Sturgis but someday my wife and I would like to go. We have been going to the Laughlin River Run for 5 years and it seemed that this year was not as popular as past years. Anyone else out there go to Laughlin this year?

Back